Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
Joined
·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a new bike this winter, so I've got quite a few parts from my current bike that I need to get rid of. Classified ad with pictures to come in the next day or two when I get pictures of everything, but I thought I'd see if anyone on the FR wanted any of it.

Frame:
Med Cannondale Jekyll frame with Cane Creek Double Xc headset (run 1 1/8" forks) Will fit people between 5'8 and 6'0 or so.
Recently PUSHed Float shock. 115mm of travel, around 6lbs I believe. Makes a nice all around bike, especially with the PUSH treatment to the shock. Comes with headset, XT Front Der., seatpost, ES71 bottom bracket, & Salsa seatpost clamp. Some scratches, a cable rub spot or two, but overall in pretty nice condition.

$300 OBO.

Fork:
05 TALAS RLC with PUSH factory treatment.
I've only gotten about 7 rides on this fork since Darren & Co. worked their magic on it. Great fork but new frame wants more travel, so I'm getting a new fork. Has the platform damping of the new "trail tune" but without the huge price tag.
PUSH Treatment
TALAS RLC MSRP is about $700, PUSH treatment is $165.
$450 OBO

Wheelset:
Mike Garcia (oddsandendos.com) built Velocity VXC/WTB LaserDisc Lite wheelset. Very reliable, very light wheelset. I think the weight is right under 1700 grams, but has been very sturdy and stayed true.
Needed a 20mm hub for my new fork, so just going with a new wheelset altogether.
Black rims, black spokes, black hubs.
http://oddsandendos.safeshopper.com/17/78.htm?859
http://oddsandendos.safeshopper.com/17/79.htm?859

Cost around $350 new, asking $200.

Various other parts laying around, make me an offer....
XT 752 Crankset
Answer Pro Taper Alum. Riser bar
XT Rear Der. (kind of beat up but still shifts great)

I'd like to avoid shipping and/or Ebay if possible, but I'd also like to move these parts as I'm gonna be running up a nice bill in building up my new bike. PM or email me (nomospam at gmail dot com) if you have questions or want some pics. I'll post the link to my classified ad when I get all my pictures taken.
 

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
Joined
·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
preparation_h said:
when in rome.....
Should have bought a Maverick then......

Actually was a very tough choice for me between a 5 Spot & the 575. When I got the chance to ride a 575 on the trail I really liked the way it felt. 5 Spot is certainly a great bike, but it came down to the fact I couldn't find $600 of difference between the two frames.

So I went with the Yeti, regardless of geography.... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
770 Posts
Jdub said:
Should have bought a Maverick then......

Actually was a very tough choice for me between a 5 Spot & the 575. When I got the chance to ride a 575 on the trail I really liked the way it felt. 5 Spot is certainly a great bike, but it came down to the fact I couldn't find $600 of difference between the two frames.

So I went with the Yeti, regardless of geography.... :)
Thought it was an asr. I recently read that maverick is now outsourcing their frames...not built in colorado.....and they got enough beef about it that they changed their name from maverick american to maverick. But all in all It's good to support the local economy and imho it's nice to be close to the factory if you do have warranty issues.
 

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
Joined
·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chad1433 said:
Awesome dude! What goodies is Larry, uh, I mean Santa Clause bringing for that frame?

I see that they 575s now come in Yeti green/blue. Does that mean they're made in CO?
Well I'm going to go with a Pike 454 Air U Turn for the fork and a set of DT5.1 rims/Hadley hubs for the wheels for starters.

The 575 is not made in CO, and it has been a bit of a controversial decision by Yeti to make it in Team Turquoise. I think the frame is actually made in Taiwan.
 

·
a dad
Joined
·
2,927 Posts
would you sell just the rear wheel of that wheelset? i have the same wheels and my rear one is toast...if so i could pick it up after the new year, i am in hawaii....going riding in paradise tonight....
 

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
Joined
·
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
billybobzia said:
would you sell just the rear wheel of that wheelset? i have the same wheels and my rear one is toast...if so i could pick it up after the new year, i am in hawaii....going riding in paradise tonight....
I'd rather keep it together as I'm moving to a 20mm front hub, and the QR front would be pretty useless to me.

I think I may just bling out my wife's ride, maybe taking a couple pounds off her ride would inspire her.

Frame & fork both sold quick...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Jdub said:
I'd rather keep it together as I'm moving to a 20mm front hub, and the QR front would be pretty useless to me.

I think I may just bling out my wife's ride, maybe taking a couple pounds off her ride would inspire her.

Frame & fork both sold quick...
And if that does not work, you have a nice spare parts bike to steal stuff from in the future!
 

·
Time is not a road.
Joined
·
4,150 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Show us some pix when you get her built. Are you doing it or having a shop put it together?

I just got a new ride too and the weather has been the pits. I'm bummed as the bike just sits in my living room...at least it's clean.
 

·
a dad
Joined
·
2,927 Posts
you will enjoy your new ride..i am glad to hear you are going with a bigger fork, make the ride that much better...i myself went with the AM1 and have had a great experience with it...which fork did you choose?? have fun building it up....
 

·
Whatever
Joined
·
585 Posts
Read this thread, esp quote by PT

preparation_h said:
Thought it was an asr. I recently read that maverick is now outsourcing their frames...not built in colorado.....and they got enough beef about it that they changed their name from maverick american to maverick. But all in all It's good to support the local economy and imho it's nice to be close to the factory if you do have warranty issues.
Also, they were never made in Colorado. Check out what PT says about manufacturing in US vs. Taiwan here
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top