Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spam MTBR Ad Ebay Breezer Lightning, Chrome Ross, Cannondale 26 24, Grove, Scott etc

MTBR Classified ad #110525
All on Ebay
Breezer lightning Frame and Fork 17 inch
Chrome Ross mt Hood
Cannondale 26 24 with Grove fork and hammerhead.
Scott pro racing frame, ritchey dropouts, manitou Mach 5 fork
More stuff coming tonight

Scotty

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are talking about the bidder that made 5 in a row, I think ebay increments it like that when somebody else outbids you. I don't think he went in there and bid 5 times in a row. Is that the guy that has been bidding on alot of VRC stuff?

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,761 Posts
Seriously: Why Post An Ad If I Can't Buy What You're 'Selling'

No offense to you personally Scotty, but this has been a long time peeve of mine.

People that just post links to their eBay auctions are wasting space in the classifieds.
I browse the classifieds to buy things, not to be redirected someplace else to have an opprotunity to buy something in a week.
Anyone savvy enough to hang out at this site also knows how to find what they want on eBay.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
None taken. I think you are right that most of the people here probably already saw it, but obviously it is worth 2 bucks. Maybe I should put ebay in the title, then those who don't want to see it would not click it.

FYI, I would sell directly to most anybody here I knew if they saw something they liked and wanted me to end it early.

G

·
sgltrak said:
Is this rule about not showing bidder names brand new today? I didn't notice it yesterday or this morning?
no, not new. just not consistent (yet) throughout all auctions. I have no clue when and why IDs are hidden and when not.

Hmm, "In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to view Bidder User IDs" " so bad guys cannot... ". Does that mean those who only see bidder 1 etc. are classified as bad guys? I am one of them :eek: ;)

"eBay has decided to change how bid history information is displayed so bad guys cannot target bidders with fake offers using this information. In certain cases, some bidders will no longer be able to view Bidder User IDs on the Bid History page.Your User ID will be shown only to you and the seller of the item you're bidding on. Other members will see an anonymous name, such as Bidder 1, applied consistently to the Bid History page."

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
I see 'bidder 1' 'bidder 2' as well.

I know this is also true of one of my auctions as well.

As the seller, I believe it'll give you more insight into the bidding habbits of the person bidding on your auction.

Scotty, can you see that as well? For the auction with the blocked bidder names (like your Breezer), can you see deeper into their bidding history? I could on mine.

I can't say I'm a fan of this new development. I like to see who I'm bidding against. (or I should say, I like to see who's bidding on what).

Soon I'll just have to assume it's just deralex bidding on every crankset and bikieray bidding $1.47 on every single vintage bike auction there is. :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.