Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fee Paid: MTBR Classified

Up for grabs is a supper clean, nearly brand new, only ridden a handful of times, Large 19 inch 2005 Gary Fisher Rig Single Speed 29er frame. For $345 the frame includes the headset (including fork race and top cap), eccentric bottom bracket carrier, seat post binder and brake line clips. The pictured cranks and ISIS bottom bracket can be added for an additional $55. The pictured seat post and saddle can be added for an additional $25. The stock Bontrager Select 31.8mm oversized stem and riser bar can be added for an additional $39. The stock Shimano 505 clipless pedals can be added for an additional $19 (no cleats). Email for more pictures ([email protected]).

Buyer pays shipping. Paypal preferred but will accept US Postal money orders or personal checks with the appropriate wait to clear.

·
being is
286 Posts
Why?

Too harsh or something?

powersusa said:
Fee Paid: MTBR Classified

Up for grabs is a supper clean, nearly brand new, only ridden a handful of times, Large 19 inch 2005 Gary Fisher Rig Single Speed 29er frame. For $345 the frame includes the headset (including fork race and top cap), eccentric bottom bracket carrier, seat post binder and brake line clips. The pictured cranks and ISIS bottom bracket can be added for an additional $55. The pictured seat post and saddle can be added for an additional $25. The stock Bontrager Select 31.8mm oversized stem and riser bar can be added for an additional $39. The stock Shimano 505 clipless pedals can be added for an additional $19 (no cleats). Email for more pictures ([email protected]).

Buyer pays shipping. Paypal preferred but will accept US Postal money orders or personal checks with the appropriate wait to clear.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Please please please,

Weigh the frame alone before you ship it of? People are interested to know.
Without seatclamp and headset please.
Very interesting to know, and something that can help promote the Rig to potential buyers, wondering about it's weight. A 19" would be perfect to get the weight for, better than a 21" or 15".

Many thanks in advance, especially on behalf of many Rig owners, I'm sure :)

Happy trails, and good sale!

J

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately I don’t have a scale appropriate for weighing a bike or frame. Can anyone suggest an accurate but relatively inexpensive scale suitable for weighing a bike or frame?

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Too bad. people always ask me for pics, and I don't have a cam. Thanks for being willing to!

Everyone loves some thing called the 6001 or so. Enter 6001 in the search function for the weight forum and it should turn up results.
Kitchen scales are where it's at. Analogue ones are actually quite accurate when calibrated to 0 properly, at least mine was.

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
powersusa said:
Unfortunately I don’t have a scale appropriate for weighing a bike or frame. Can anyone suggest an accurate but relatively inexpensive scale suitable for weighing a bike or frame?
The post office has a free one. If you don't want to be look upon as a freek you can go there after hours and use it :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Feedback sports makes a hang scale wich is accurate to .001 lbs, and retails for $ 59.00, an awsone deal. I have had one for about 3 months and it is dead on accurate.
I have also weighed my frame at the grocery stor before. I agree, we must have the frame weight! :confused:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pseudo intellectual said:
Too harsh or something?
I broke my neck 15 years ago while body surfing at a beach in RI (vertebra 3-4-5 are now fused together) and mild arthritis is starting to settle in just below the fusion (just above my shoulders). The riding position of the Rig was a little too laid out for me (but better then most XC hardtails though) which was causing neck and shoulder pain. The Reba fork and front wheel have seen limited service on my 03’ Enduro which has a more upright riding position (See this thread ). My new frame, an Evil Sovereign, should be here next Wednesday. The plan is to test the fit of the Reba fork and 29’er wheels on the Sovereign. ( See this thread)

·
I like bikes
480 Posts
Rig weight

Cloxxki said:
Please please please,

Very interesting to know, and something that can help promote the Rig to potential buyers, wondering about it's weight. A 19" would be perfect to get the weight for, better than a 21" or 15".

J
I am stripping mine down in a week or so to send it off to the powder coaters. I will weigh it but it is an XL.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Ahah, the first re-painted Rig! Big talks before it came out, but no reports of actual re-paint yet!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hot off the scale...

Cloxxki said:
Please please please,

J

I weighed the Rig with the headset cups still pressed in (not worth the expense to remove just to weigh the frame) and with the EBB carrier still installed. Below are pictures (taken with a camera phone hence the quality) of the results in both lbs and kg.

Attachments

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Thanks a lot!!!!! Gotta love camera phones, wish I had one. I'll threten my provider I'm going to cancel the subscription, who knows...

I guess that brings the Large just under 2kg without headset cups. The X-Cal Large weighs 1598g if I remember correctly from a post on here.
For the price you pay for the whole Rig bike, an AL EBB frame lighter than most high-end steel non-EBB one, that's still pretty good indeed. I know some non-EBB frames that retail for €500 and weigh around the same.

Someone's going to have a great frame with the Rig, is it sold yet?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sold

I sold the frame along with some parts to a local buyer. I still have the SS Bontrager cranks and bb if anyone is interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts