1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
paintbucket
2,825 Posts
FWIW, I like the tracking of a rigid fork, but at times need suspension as well. I've got both, and each has a crown race for my headset on it. Switching back and forth isn't that big a deal.

·
zeebot
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wooglin said:
FWIW, I like the tracking of a rigid fork, but at times need suspension as well. I've got both, and each has a crown race for my headset on it. Switching back and forth isn't that big a deal.
I really don't like riding with suspension. my bike now feels much more sluggish since it gained two pounds up front and it's not as good in technical areas. makes me almost want to become just a roadie...i hate sussy forks.

BUT, I'm currently having physical therapy because my shoulder is all screwed up from the serious abuse i've given it riding rocky trails all day long for many days.

·
bike geek
1,051 Posts
wooglin said:
Easier to just get a 2nd 29er, like I did. One of each. :D

Any excuse for another bike works for me!!

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
If you feel spendy, how about a Jones fork? He can make it as nimble as you want, they weigh 640-700g or so, and I can only imagine how soft they feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.