Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep...

It's got pretty big oversized tubes, so it would probably ride on the stiff side for anyone too much under 200 pounds. And it's heavier than a frame I would build for a 180 pound person, too. Obviously it's plenty strong for a 180 lb person, but it's not designed with someone quite that svelte in mind!

Bottom line: if it fits you and you don't care about weight, and like a stiff bike, it might work. But that's a lot of ifs - I would not recommend this frame/fork to anyone under 200 lbs.

Thanks!

-Walt

·
( )
755 Posts
Walt said:
It's got pretty big oversized tubes, so it would probably ride on the stiff side for anyone too much under 200 pounds. And it's heavier than a frame I would build for a 180 pound person, too. Obviously it's plenty strong for a 180 lb person, but it's not designed with someone quite that svelte in mind!

Bottom line: if it fits you and you don't care about weight, and like a stiff bike, it might work. But that's a lot of ifs - I would not recommend this frame/fork to anyone under 200 lbs.

Thanks!

-Walt
Okay, thanks! The dimensions sounded right, which is why I asked, but I suppose someday I'll have one designed around my weight.

·
uh, uh...oh, i forget
1,039 Posts
gearless said:
Appreciate a post for something I did not need until I hear about! I gotta put this out of My head.............(I don't need it, I don't need it!)
you neeeeeeeeddddd onnnneeee, you realllllly doooo....here's mine in its natural habitat...

Attachments

·
Tree Hugger
286 Posts
~martini~ said:
Oh maaaaannn.

That'd fit me. And well.
Yea, it would fit me and my 218 pounds quite well as well. It's a good thing it's not a few hundred dollars less or I might not have a choice about what to do. Well, maybe it's not a good thing, but I think you know what I mean. ;)

~R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.