Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Bodhisattva
10,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Dave Turner has announced the demise of the 6-Pack and the return of the RFX, I will be auctioning off my limited edition 6-Pack sticker. Remember folks, the 6-Pack is now a collector's item and is sure to fetch a pretty penny on ebay next year.

Bidding shall begin at $100

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Now that Dave Turner has announced the demise of the 6-Pack and the return of the RFX, I will be auctioning off my limited edition 6-Pack sticker. Remember folks, the 6-Pack is now a collector's item and is sure to fetch a pretty penny on ebay next year.
This is one way of interpreting the announcement, yes. Another is that Dave T. is admitting that the six pack was a big mistake, and a failure, and that the RFX is KING, BABY!, and so that would mean your 6 pack sticker is worth about, oh, 2 cents. Shipped. That's my final offer. :rolleyes:
:D

·
Bodhisattva
10,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Renegade,

You are mistaken.
DT posted that the 6-Pack was designed with sexy tubes & geometry to accomodate the "new style of riding and today's long travel forks."

Thus, my 6-Pack is state-of-the-art while yours, and future RFX's, are clearly yesterday's news. :p

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Renegade said:
Damm Rene, you're fast. I just got back from reading it. Tnx!

turnerbikes said:
We will be changing the name of the Six Pack to RFX for 2006. Seems the change has caused massive confusion amongst buyers around the world. Also, The Tea Tottlers Society of America has frowned upon our blatant use of alchohol in it's easy to carry form to promote our product to the young and impressionable. Shame on me, rolll back the clock, drum roll please. New for 2005 is the return of the RFX with beautifully shaped and butted tubing and geometry adjusted for todays forks and riding style. FYI there are no other structural or geometric changes planned.
DT

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Renegade,

You are mistaken.
DT posted that the 6-Pack was designed with sexy tubes & geometry to accomodate the "new style of riding and today's long travel forks."

Thus, my 6-Pack is state-of-the-art while yours, and future RFX's, are clearly yesterday's news. :p
Funny; I interpreted his posts to say, " the six pack was designed for the hard-core wanna-be who couldn't handle multiple headtube gussets, a solid bottom bracket area, and REAL tubing. The six pack is really a watered down version of the RFX, for the masses that are afraid to sling a real freeride bike between their legs." :D
But then again, I interpret most of reality a little different than most folks. :rolleyes:

Please take no offense at my fun-making!

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
mtn hack said:
I'm sorry, but there is no way that bottom bracket will be the weakest link and susceptible to failure just because of a little cutout.
Mtn hack, I'm just having a little fun here at the squeaky wheel's expense. Please don't take any of my "comparisons" seriously.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.