Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Man I had myself all but talked out of this until I saw it again!
Damn you....must resist temptation..... :confused:

gahhh

booner

ps: and it's even the right size and color... aaaaaaaa

·
Registered
27 Posts
owww, that's just what i want....

....but it hurts to see it because i live in the uk! :(

not planning any trips to england in the new year are you.... ? ;) it's lovely here this time of year - the constant rain and grey misery is just a myth! go on, you know you deserve a holiday...

·
Registered
513 Posts
rexated said:
....but it hurts to see it because i live in the uk! :(

not planning any trips to england in the new year are you.... ? ;) it's lovely here this time of year - the constant rain and grey misery is just a myth! go on, you know you deserve a holiday...
whereabouts r u rexated? It's beautiful here in my part of the UK. I was on the beach today.

·
Registered
27 Posts
exactly robbz!

that's what i meant: the uk weather gets bad press on this forum, so we should set the record straight. which is why i think doubledown should come over here (with his six pack frame for me to see/buy!) so he can report back to homers across the pond. ;)

in answer to your question: been seeing my folks in boscastle today (sunny) before returning home to plymouth (er, not so sunny). didn't make it to the beach though...

·
Registered
513 Posts
rexated said:
that's what i meant: the uk weather gets bad press on this forum, so we should set the record straight. which is why i think doubledown should come over here (with his six pack frame for me to see/buy!) so he can report back to homers across the pond. ;)

in answer to your question: been seeing my folks in boscastle today (sunny) before returning home to plymouth (er, not so sunny). didn't make it to the beach though...
Boscastle isn't going to convince the US guys there's not that much rain here rex! Not far from Plymouth meself, sidmouth boy originally.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Plymouth!!!

rexated said:

Wow what a small world, I'm in Plymouth too!! Where do you ride? What day are you out? No doubt seen you out on the trails! I frequent Cann woods and get out on the lower levels of the moors on a regular basis with some really cool chaps, if you wanna meet up you can try out my 6 pack if you like (but it is a large)-been to Boscastle??? Not Steve is it???

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi dave

haha - rumbled! yes it's steve. i have still got turner-envy and now have a need for 6inches of travel. as you know i'm not exactly a free-rider ;) but i had a blast on a spesh enduro built up as a long-travel trail-bike and loved it. superb skill compensator for me! (and a fantastic complement to the hummer). so turner seems the logical conclusion (built lightish with dhx-air and pike 454). a downhiller mate has also offered to teach me to jump more than 1 ft so i'm looking for a bike that has got plenty of envelop to push as i hopefully get a bit better at that kind of thing. have already agreed to do the next downhill at ashcombe.

i've been riding in the quantocks again, trying to get the legs used to riding again having screwed them up running that bloody marathon. knees are still complaining, but i'm getting there...

have you bought that avy yet?!
steve
p.s. doubledown - sorry for the thread hijack.

·
Registered
156 Posts
rexated said:
haha - rumbled! yes it's steve. i have still got turner-envy and now have a need for 6inches of travel. as you know i'm not exactly a free-rider ;) but i had a blast on a spesh enduro built up as a long-travel trail-bike and loved it. superb skill compensator for me! (and a fantastic complement to the hummer). so turner seems the logical conclusion (built lightish with dhx-air and pike 454). a downhiller mate has also offered to teach me to jump more than 1 ft so i'm looking for a bike that has got plenty of envelop to push as i hopefully get a bit better at that kind of thing. have already agreed to do the next downhill at ashcombe.

i've been riding in the quantocks again, trying to get the legs used to riding again having screwed them up running that bloody marathon. knees are still complaining, but i'm getting there...

have you bought that avy yet?!
steve
p.s. doubledown - sorry for the thread hijack.
Once I had clicked Submit, knew it had to be you!! Good to hear you are well! And still lusting after a Turner :D
As for the Avy, well my pennies are comitted to either the Avy or a TLD full facer, can't have both and can't decide which is most beneficial Avy= more speed=Need Full facer??? Go figure!
Steve from Shred mag has ordered a 2006 Spesh, he thinks its the mutts, maybe that would be a nice 6x6 option??
As last time, if you wanna take the beauty out for a spin, she's all yours (the Turner that is :D ) If you want an extra work out I'll put the Highroller super tacky tyres on, they are real killers!! But the grip.............

D

PS Ditto Double down, apologies for the Highjack!

·
Registered
27 Posts
cheers mate! actually i've been in contact with chris at the turner uk importers: they've got a medium (TNT) test-pack. that way i can set it up for my weight etc. as well as checking the right size out.

this UGI is a curse :D

p.s. i'm guessing doubledown doesn't mind this hijack as at least we are keeping his spam near the top of the forum! however, i'll get your email off F sometime (weds?) and PM you sometime.

·
Registered
513 Posts
rexated said:
cheers mate! actually i've been in contact with chris at the turner uk importers: they've got a medium (TNT) test-pack. that way i can set it up for my weight etc. as well as checking the right size out.

this UGI is a curse :D

p.s. i'm guessing doubledown doesn't mind this hijack as at least we are keeping his spam near the top of the forum! however, i'll get your email off F sometime (weds?) and PM you sometime.
ou're also welcome to try my medium spot on the quantocks rex...
it's feckin' cold up here right now tho...

·
Registered
27 Posts
robbz - that would be fantastic; you're a gent! i'm away over christmas, but perhaps we could arrange something in the new year. could you email me? (-your address is not in the profile): stephenroundhill AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk ...and i'll be in touch.
-cheers
steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts