Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Natural Born Singlespeeda
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks!

I'm new to this forum and live in Germany.

Since I know there are a lot of bikers with Phil Wood Hubs here, I have a simple question for you:
how may I convert a Rear hub spacing 110mm up to 130mm to fit in my Cyclocross frame?
I don't weight much and don't matter if the solution is for QR oder bolt-on...

greetz
maui

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I would get ahold of Brent a Phil Wood to get the proper spacers. Chainline might be an issue though.

m(A)ui said:
Hi folks!

I'm new to this forum and live in Germany.

Since I know there are a lot of bikers with Phil Wood Hubs here, I have a simple question for you:
how may I convert a Rear hub spacing 110mm up to 130mm to fit in my Cyclocross frame?
I don't weight much and don't matter if the solution is for QR oder bolt-on...

greetz
maui

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
Manicmtbr said:
I would get ahold of Brent a Phil Wood to get the proper spacers. Chainline might be an issue though.
I know from having a Phil Wood 110mm spacing rear BMX hub on my Monocog that the chainline back there is 43mm. Should be OK with a road crankset with the spacers/BB set up right, check the specs for the crankset you are using or want to use.

Yeah, check with Brent. I'm sure you can get spacers, just may need longer bolts then. I remember Brent telling me the bolt end should not be outside the bearing area of the hub.

Cheers,

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.