Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a closeout late 2019, maybe technically 2020 alloy Troy frame. It has the 157mm super boost spacing, or at least it's supposed to. Already returned two frames now, first measured 164mm-ish, second was more like 161mm.

No apparent damage to the frames. Came from Jenson and were not packed great, but I think any damage would squish the rear end if anything.

First frame was absurd, wouldn't even locate the hub. Second frame you could kinda get the hub in there. Took a surprising amount of force to get the thru-axle even close to tight. Waiting for a possible third frame, hopefully they can check it first.

Any one had issues with Devinci QC, or just the 157mm stuff?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jenson claims to have checked the remaining frames, and they were messed up as well. Second returned frame is apparently lost in shipping.

I'm a little sour on Devinci at the moment, but if any one has a 27.5 Troy in medium let me know. Can't find anything else with the same specs/geometry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a closeout late 2019, maybe technically 2020 alloy Troy frame. It has the 157mm super boost spacing, or at least it's supposed to. Already returned two frames now, first measured 164mm-ish, second was more like 161mm.

No apparent damage to the frames. Came from Jenson and were not packed great, but I think any damage would squish the rear end if anything.

First frame was absurd, wouldn't even locate the hub. Second frame you could kinda get the hub in there. Took a surprising amount of force to get the thru-axle even close to tight. Waiting for a possible third frame, hopefully they can check it first.

Any one had issues with Devinci QC, or just the 157mm stuff?
I am going to ask a silly question -- Are you using the correct hub? is your hub a 157mm SB+ hub? You cannot use a 148mm hub in a SB+ frame.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to ask a silly question -- Are you using the correct hub? is your hub a 157mm SB+ hub? You cannot use a 148mm hub in a SB+ frame.
It was a 157mm super boost hub, doesn't matter now though. The second defective frame got eaten by UPS, just straight up vanished. Jenson sent me a refund after two months. I'm still just baffled at how poorly every part of it was handled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.