Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a new 5th element coil that i'm having a hard time finding the spacers for (i know they are out of business, but i only paid $50) but any suggestions? i heard that the roco hardware was the same, and maybe fox as well.

·
40 Posts
johnytractor said:
i have a new 5th element coil that i'm having a hard time finding the spacers for (i know they are out of business, but i only paid $50) but any suggestions? i heard that the roco hardware was the same, and maybe fox as well.
Iron Horse may have the spacers? If not, check with Garageworks [www.garageworkssuspension.com, 949-861-2240] as they're who Progressive forwards 5th repairs to - I just got my 5th for my 7point rebuilt by them along with some tuning mods.

BTW - If you got that 5th from the SC closeout, I think you'll need to get it re-valved for the DW-Link.

Are you running drop crowns on your 888RC with the 7p or stock crowns? I've got an '04 888R that's going on my 7p soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tried garage works and they should have the hardware, but it's $$$$$$$$$ !!! so, i found some spacers at lowes that i need to grind down some, but it'll work fine. i got the shock on ebay from a private party, so i don't know if it needs to be revalved, how will i know?? stock crowns.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
FWIW I had my 5th modded by Craig at Avy to the Sunday tune for my 6 point and it just CRUSHES it! He machined my mounts to fit for free too.

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
862 Posts
The mounting hardware on my 5th (03 heckler) needed replacing, and I was told it was a lost cause. But I found this info someplace on the internet, can't remember where. Turns out BTI didn't have the part in stock but my LBS was able to order it from another supplier. Fits my heckler, right size of everything.

BTI part #: MZ-88220
vendor part #: 8501075
bolt size: M8
frame mount: 22.0mm

* 3-piece hardware kit: stainless sleeve with aluminum spacers for mounting 1 end of Marzocchi Roco-series shocks *(2 hardware kits required per shock)
* Sized by bolt diameter (M6 or M8) and frame mount-ID width (in mm)
* Also fits Progressive Coil and Fox shocks with 1/2" eyelet bushings

Image of MZ-88220
in stock?: NO

Customers who purchased this product also bought:
Manitou Steel Rear Coil Spring
ODI Lock-On MTB Bonus Pack
Thomson Elite Seatpost
Marzocchi Frame Shock Spring, Steel
Magura Disc Brake Pads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.