Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
If you have to ask...
720 Posts
Are you sure that's Southridge? I didn't see a single abandoned refrigerator in any of those photos. No heaps of yard trimmings, either- in fact, it looked clean! That can't be Fontana.

miles

·
Registered
315 Posts
Quick question for you guys,

My 13 yr old son wants to do some mtb races - and I would not mind either - we both ride a lot but total beginners when it comes to racing - would these Southridge ones be ok for total race rookies?

Kirk

·
If you have to ask...
720 Posts
Southridge is a fantastic way to get your introduction to racing. They really do put on a well organized race, with a friendly atmosphere. Inexpensive, too.

A definite thumbs up.

miles

·
black & blue
235 Posts
Nice pics! Did you take any photos on Sunday for the DH race?

Southridge folks are great - really well run races. This would be a good place for beginners to race (speaking from a beginner DH racer's perspective)

·
I AM PEDALING!
167 Posts
A GREAT Place To Start!!

kirkB said:
Quick question for you guys,

My 13 yr old son wants to do some mtb races - and I would not mind either - we both ride a lot but total beginners when it comes to racing - would these Southridge ones be ok for total race rookies?

Kirk
My daughter and I started racing out at Fontucky, and she's been hooked every since.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
kirkB said:
would these Southridge ones be ok for total race rookies?

Kirk
Absolutely! Very well organized and everybody's friendly. It is not an extremely technical course, but the more advanced you are, the more loops you do. As beginners, you will do one loop.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks guys -

The kid had a soccer tournament this past weekend - but we will head out there next weekend - and give it a go.

How early do you have to be out to Fontucky on saturday morning?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.