Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Johny Sokko!
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be cool to show some images of the Pro riders of Giant.
We normally are either trying to figure something out or complaining about something.

Also, there is a pic here of J. Rando's new Long Travel Reign 6.7" (check out the frame shock)l!!!

Riders: Adam Craig, Carl Decker, Jared Rando and Ameil Cavalier (the new guy)

Attachments

·
Too Kool for Skool
321 Posts
What makes the 6.7 different? longer shock? different links? beefyer frame? Is it replacing the normal reign or is it going to be similar to the specalized sx trail? its hard to see what shock is on the bike. It almost looks like a dhx

·
Johny Sokko!
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I was told they actually might move away from the Faith and just go with this new Long Travel Reign (extend it 8"), if you think about it the new Glory Pivot bracket looks like Reign, Trance and Anthem. The Glory is their Racing DH bike and the LTR will be their Freeride bike. I could have been totally mislead, as to keep their secrets private.

·
137 Posts
I see on the Reign 6.7 there as well as the Glory, the hole in the downtube is large enough to accomodate a piggyback on the shock. Any idea whether the production frames (Trance, Reign, Glory) will be that large as well?

I have a Trance frame coming within the next few months and a Glory frame within a year, just wondering...

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
Stoner said:
From what I was told they actually might move away from the Faith and just go with this new Long Travel Reign (extend it 8"), if you think about it the new Glory Pivot bracket looks like Reign, Trance and Anthem. The Glory is their Racing DH bike and the LTR will be their Freeride bike. I could have been totally mislead, as to keep their secrets private.
I hope this happens as I'd never consider a bike with an interuped seat tube :nono:

·
Motion activated
3,257 Posts
Reposado Man said:
Curious as to why -- cosmetics only?
I like to be able to slam my seat down and most of the interrupted seat tubes don't allow for much adjustment. Running a gravity dropper seat post would go a long way to solving this issue. I'm not to keen on one of those telescoping posts though.

The other thing is that by default the frames have a rearward weight bias.

·
2010 Glory custom FR
1,098 Posts
I've been riding on glory since may 1st. I spent a week in mountains and I haven't hit anything with shock mount, yet.
the only thing which is annoying is the amount of time you spend to clean the bike, especially shock mount area ;) however, I am amount to fabricate custom, transparent fender :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.