Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Think Circles!
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I posted this on STR as well, but don't know how many go between both sites. Anyway, the more the merrier.

I was looking for a map of all of the local trailheads so I could get a better idea of where they are. I've searched 3 different MTB sites and couldn't find one so decided to make one. I've used www.mountainbikebill.com to locate the trailheads on the map and marked them, along wit adding links back to MBB's write ups and info.

I've only filled in the San Diego area so far but i plan to keep working on it. The Map is set up a public and anyone can edit it. So if you'd like to contribute, please do. If I find it becomes vandalized or inaccurate I can always specify delegates for editing.

Click on the image and it will take you to the map.

·
Who's riding today?
1,432 Posts
Dave,

Great work! BUT.....you missed what is probably one of the busiest trail heads. The parking area at the very east end of West Hills High School on Mast Blvd in Santee. There are prob OVER 100 riders on weekend days that start and end their ride there. It's the un-official south entrance to Sycamore Canyon trail network. On second thought....since it is not "official", best to keep it off the map........

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thank you.... Thank you.... Thank you... Thank you.... Thank you.... Thank you... Thank you.... Thank you.... Thank you... Thank you.... Thank you.... Thank you... :thumbsup:
This should be a sticky or something. Let's keep this up, I'll see what I can contribute that is missing.

·
Think Circles!
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the adds guys, hopefully the nor-cal folks will start adding spots to the map as well. Its always nice to know where the trails are if you are traveling away from home.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
How the heck do you edit map? Would add stuff but dont know how.

Also is there any reason this cannot be cross posted to every regional or state forum?

The idea of a national or worldwide map with trailheads and info listed on it by riders is staggering. Thanks a million DaveMW.

·
BMF
593 Posts
Awesome. Huge thanks!

I loaded into Google Earth and noticed there are already a few additions up north.

It would be cool if every geographic forum on MTBR had this same type of thread posted as a sticky. Then when someone is going there they wouldn't have to post the "Coming to your town, where should I ride?" thread that comes up daily. They would just have to load the maps into Google Earth and it's all there.

·
Think Circles!
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okie Dokie, You need to have a google log in or a gmail account to be able to edit the map. Once you have that you should be able to see the edit button on the left side of the screen.

I would definitely like to post this in all the regional forums but hate to step on any toes by "spamming" the site.

·
BMF
593 Posts
It might be hard to manage and ensure quality/accuracy if one "map" was created incorporating all geographies. I was thinking more of just the other areas following your lead and creating their own maps.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.