Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mean to keep hijacking rides planned, just posting an invite to a ride that has been in the planning for a few weeks. I promise, i'm not Starbucks.

The Xtreme Outfitters Team will be doing a great big loop from Nevada City this Saturday. Leaving Wisdom Cafe (on Broad Street in Nevada City) at 9 am. Across Round Mountain, up South Yuba to Edwards, up to Malakoff, down Missouri Bar, down South Yuba to Edwards, up to Rock Creek and back to Nevada City.

This lap usually takes me 6 hours and I believe it is about 40 miles and about 6000 ft of climbing.

This will be a slow pace ride but is NOT no drop.

Please PM me if you'd like to join us.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Damn!

voodoovegan said:
I don't mean to keep hijacking rides planned, just posting an invite to a ride that has been in the planning for a few weeks. I promise, i'm not Starbucks.

The Xtreme Outfitters Team will be doing a great big loop from Nevada City this Saturday. Leaving Wisdom Cafe (on Broad Street in Nevada City) at 9 am. Across Round Mountain, up South Yuba to Edwards, up to Malakoff, down Missouri Bar, down South Yuba to Edwards, up to Rock Creek and back to Nevada City.

This lap usually takes me 6 hours and I believe it is about 40 miles and about 6000 ft of climbing.

This will be a slow pace ride but is NOT no drop.

Please PM me if you'd like to join us.
Damn! Now thats a ride! We'll be riding in your tracks this sunday...watch out for that tree on missouri bar!

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was chilly when we left at 9am. Round mountain was icy in places and there were some rocks fully covered in ice on South Yuba. We saw a buck on South Yuba, big, maybe a 6 point. 40 miles and 6000 feet of climbing exaclty, door to door and 6 hours 20 minutes. Six or so trees down on South Yuba, downstream from Missouri Bar, one down on Missouri Bar. Hundreds of millions of ladybugs at Humbug creek, is that where it gets it's name? Big ride, it was fun, we'll probably do it another time or two before April. T'was I, jennyjo and to non MTBR junkies. Thanks and enjoy.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.