Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmmm which one shall it be??

If interested let me know your preference....er....ride preference that is...I don't want to know about any f that other stuff. :p

·
Allways ride safe!!
294 Posts
YO! Over here!

I have managed to escape the clutches of the evil work overlords this Sunday and I desireth a ride. Either one is good for me although South Yuba would be a preference!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who Me?

Wherewolf said:
We are out of his league and he wouldn't be riding with us for more than a few minutes. :(
If your talking bout me.....I'm really into the group ride dynamic thing...social riding...and I'll adjust my pace and even take long breaks to wait for slower riders...especially if they are new to the area....Saturdays are tough for me but if you guys are interested in coming up here on the 17th...I might be down.

s

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool!

jilm said:
I have managed to escape the clutches of the evil work overlords this Sunday and I desireth a ride. Either one is good for me although South Yuba would be a preference!
rideriderideride!!!!!!!!

We'll nail down the details by Friday

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
6,019 Posts
SYuba?

bigboulder said:

If interested let me know your preference....er....ride preference that is...I don't want to know about any f that other stuff. :p
I was a rematch!! I felt like crap and rode worse last time I went to S. Yuba so I want t rematch. Finch rideshare? I promise to not flake this time.

-- Dennis

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Another Idea

One other ride you can do is the local "merlin round mountain loop" we start from my house ride to round mt: then hit all the singletrack there and ride back. It a good 3 hour ride about 25 miles, lots of climbing, lots of singletrack.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
I'm not social

bigboulder said:
...I'm really into the group ride dynamic thing...social riding...and I'll adjust my pace and even take long breaks to wait for slower riders...
I'm not at all social, I'm there for the ride. But that works out very well. You guys do all your socializing and bike talk while waiting for me to catch up. I'm not big on stopping so I often just roll by and you soon catch and pass me again.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
South Yuba Trail

bigboulder said:

10+ years ago (a long siesta) I used to ride with a buddy near the South Yuba River but much of it was illegal. We only did night rides on these trails. I'm wondering if these are the same trails and things have changed over time or these are new trails. Do you have any information/description about the trail?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeesh!

Wherewolf said:
I'm not at all social, I'm there for the ride. But that works out very well. You guys do all your socializing and bike talk while waiting for me to catch up. I'm not big on stopping so I often just roll by and you soon catch and pass me again.
Whatever...why ride with anyone else at all then...I'm there for "the ride" as well. To me "the ride" is more than just getting on my bike and spinning the pedals...I can ride by myself anytime ( i usually call that exercise)...and I do all the time. When I post a ride here it is because 1. I like people, especialy other mtn. bikers 2. I especially like introducing others to great trails and great rides...seeing the smile on their faces.

Your response makes it sound like socializing is some knd of a bad thing. I am convinced that you would not enjoy riding with me at all. I like to socialize before, during and after "the ride".

Oh well...to each there own I guess.

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Relax

Relax, you took my comments a bit too seriously and read way too much into them. Perhaps I should have added a smiley face? :p I enjoy riding with others or I wouldn't be posting here every week. But I'm usually too far behind or gasping for breath to do much socializing on the trail, and extended stops are hard on my knees. I'm not much of a socializer in my everyday life so don't take it personally. The trails tend to naturally sort us into compatible groups anyway.

·
Advanced Slacker
15,333 Posts
bigboulder said:

Hey, I was just getting on to see if there was any interest in doing some riding on the S Yuba on Sunday, and it looks like you had the same idea. I think I'll find some common ground with both you and Wherewolf. I'm slow AND social. I think I may start getting slower over the next few months now that the snow is falling here. I only get to ride once every week or two when I can make it down to the foothills. The snow is quite underwhelming right now so I am glad to be gone from here.

What route are you thinking, and what time. I was hoping for not earlier than 9:30 (I work late the night before) but I can swing with whatever works for y'all.

Kapusta (Jeff)

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Eye.

Keepin' an eye on this thread. God, I hope it's not gonna be rainy.

Wonder if this could be the JFR comeback ride?

Don't misinterpret anything from this post, eh, Big Boulder? :rolleyes:

fp

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
skrew u!

Finch Platte said:
Keepin' an eye on this thread. God, I hope it's not gonna be rainy.

Wonder if this could be the JFR comeback ride?

Don't misinterpret anything from this post, eh, Big Boulder? :rolleyes:

fp
Well, skrew u too! I can't believe you said that. Never liked you anyway Gary!

Oh....sorry...I thought you said "God, your a$$ is hairy" Nope don't think it's gonna be rainy...forecast says it will be cold though. Expect it to be low forties in the canyon when we start....should warm up to a balmy 50 degrees.

I spoke with Johnny last night. He is sounding pretty (oh so pretty) iffy at best. Maybe he just needs a little push. Seems like he is healed up but, his fork has a dent in it and I think there is a small scratch on his frame and, you know what that will do to his aerodynamics.

Johnny...please come ride with us :confused: :p

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Trailhead by 10am

kapusta said:
Hey, I was just getting on to see if there was any interest in doing some riding on the S Yuba on Sunday, and it looks like you had the same idea. I think I'll find some common ground with both you and Wherewolf. I'm slow AND social. I think I may start getting slower over the next few months now that the snow is falling here. I only get to ride once every week or two when I can make it down to the foothills. The snow is quite underwhelming right now so I am glad to be gone from here.

What route are you thinking, and what time. I was hoping for not earlier than 9:30 (I work late the night before) but I can swing with whatever works for y'all.

Kapusta (Jeff)
Yo Jeff...good to here from ya again...wanna meet us at the trailhead at 10? You know how to git there right? If not you can meet us at Uren st. where 20 and 49 meet in Nev City at around 9:30.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.