Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone, Happy New Year!

My family has come down from Boston and we've already rented some bikes for Saturday. I was wondering on which trail you guys would suggest for just some all around fun and not to much climbing. My favorite trail is Rock it Cholla but thats not a long trail and theres to much riding to get to the actual trail. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll remember that, but thats not what I'm aiming for, I want to try to leave Aliso Woods. I want to stay in South Orange County, but I dont want another trail in Aliso Woods because they all seem to have the same terrain.

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
Park at Antonio & Bienvenietos in RSM and ride the Tijeras/Arroyo loop. Good scenery, singletrack, jumps, some fire roads and very little climbing. You can make a good 20 mile loop through O'Neil Park and back or turn around at any point. You can also take the Arroyo all the way to Dana Point.

Like a previous post mentioned geoladders will give you exact directions. Not many options in South OC that does not include climbing. I think this is your best bet or the San Clemente single track.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, forgot to mention that my family member have been riding for 10+ years. They're good. One of my family members already rode whiting ranch and he said he didnt like it. What about the san juan or Holy Jim Trail? Maybe even black star?

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
siscoOGpimp said:
Oh, forgot to mention that my family member have been riding for 10+ years. They're good. One of my family members already rode whiting ranch and he said he didnt like it. What about the san juan or Holy Jim Trail? Maybe even black star?
Your OP said no climbing. What are you looking for? If Aliso has too much climbing what are you trying to get into by tackling San Juan or Holy Jim? Both are 3000+ climbing at least. Great trails so I say go for either if you are ready to climb.

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
Oops. San Juan.

http://www.geoladders.com//show_route.php?from_top=1&route_id=49

The link will give you directions to the trail head. Park one car at the bottom near the ranger station and the other up at Blue Jay campground. The top section recently had a lot of tree falls after the snow. It will be smooth riding from Cocktail rock to the bottom. The trail directions on Geo give you a great route. Print them out and take a copy with you since this is a first time trip. The top section is a bit more technical with rocks/roots where the last section is smoother trail that is super fast. Watch your blind corners going down because there are always riders coming up expecially on Saturdays.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.