Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the board, but not really to mtn biking. I have a question about south mountain because I wasn't sure looking at trails maps. The other day me and a friend went to south mountain for a ride and I hadn't gone with this friend before. I figuered I would get one last ride with me RMB Flow F2.0 before my HiFi pro came. Normally I like to ride desert classic which is on the left side of the parking lot. My friend wanted to go "the way he always goes" which was to the right. From there we went N-NW on this ridiculously unridable uphill trail which we both ended up hiking. Once we make it to the top there are a few technical 10 ft up/10 ft down sections followed by a rocky technical downhill that looped back around. Is this ridgeline? I wasn't sure, but its what I was thinking. Can anyone verify if that sounds right?

G

·
RMBnFISHERftw said:
Hey guys I'm new to the board, but not really to mtn biking. I have a question about south mountain because I wasn't sure looking at trails maps. The other day me and a friend went to south mountain for a ride and I hadn't gone with this friend before. I figuered I would get one last ride with me RMB Flow F2.0 before my HiFi pro came. Normally I like to ride desert classic which is on the left side of the parking lot. My friend wanted to go "the way he always goes" which was to the right. From there we went N-NW on this ridiculously unridable uphill trail which we both ended up hiking. Once we make it to the top there are a few technical 10 ft up/10 ft down sections followed by a rocky technical downhill that looped back around. Is this ridgeline? I wasn't sure, but its what I was thinking. Can anyone verify if that sounds right?
The trails to the N/NW of the Pima lot are Beverly Canyon, or further north Ridgeline. Unless you went up the fire road which leads to either National or Mormon.

·
No Clue Crew
7,668 Posts
Did you go up the fireroad to some benches/signs. Possible you went up as far as Mormon Loop/National, but you should have noticed the signs if you did.

G

·
RMBnFISHERftw said:
I'm not even sure what a fire foad is, but I'm pretty sure I didn't I just went east from the parking lot.
The fire road is that long dirt road that leaves from the 48th St parking lot and heads west. Its gated off, next to the bathrooms. East from the parking lot puts you on the golf course:D

·
Ridin' Dirty
460 Posts
he means the loop the runs parallel to the golf course for a little bit.
did you go up the steps?
are you sure this was south mountain? :)

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
RMBnFISHERftw said:
I went to the trail just NW of the north side ramadas. These were the ones on the right side of the parking lot I think. All I can remember seeing was a "Bike Trail" sign
Doesn't sound like you made it to Ridgeline...you would have had to have taken the dirt road up a ways, then made a right on Beverly Canyon under the power lines, then a quick left up the east end of Ridgeline.

You may have been on the East Loop going CCW, or on that one trail that goes up to the overlook.

·
Ridin' Dirty
460 Posts
If he was on E loop then he started heading west then he can reach the hill to Ridgeline instead of descending back down to the bottom.

G

·
You should try Javelina over on that side, its a good step up from Desert Classic and will help you start working your way up the mountain:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.