Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live blocks away from the T100 preserve, work long and hard "banker hours" and have two young children that deserve to spend a lot of time with their daddy. Thus, it is very hard for me to "justify" taking the extra time and effort to ride non-T100 areas. But damn. Everytime I do National, its like going to fuqing Disney Land. I love that fuqing place. Its getting to the point where I am disappointed to ride any other place. I rode there Friday and had a blast. I still can't get that ride out of my mind. Both my Saturday and Sunday rides at T100 were infested with thoughts of "why the fuq am I not at So.Mo.right now"? I am getting the South Mountain Blues.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Dirdir said:
I live blocks away from the T100 preserve, work long and hard "banker hours" and have two young children that deserve to spend a lot of time with their daddy. Thus, it is very hard for me to "justify" taking the extra time and effort to ride non-T100 areas. But damn. Everytime I do National, its like going to fuqing Disney Land. I love that fuqing place. Its getting to the point where I am disappointed to ride any other place. I rode there Friday and had a blast. I still can't get that ride out of my mind. Both my Saturday and Sunday rides at T100 were infested with thoughts of "why the fuq am I not at So.Mo.right now"? I am getting the South Mountain Blues.
Do me a favor. If you decide to move, let me know first. I can do wonders to that house or yours.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dirdir said:
I feel the same way when I ride Hawes...thinking..."why am I not ANYWHERE other than here?"

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
castaway222 said:
I feel the same way when I ride Hawes...thinking..."why am I not ANYWHERE other than here?"
I rode Hawes once, so let me say up front that I am no expert. I also went alone, without a guide, got lostish and perhaps missed the best bits. With that said, I concur with your assessment. Nonetheless, I liked it better than P&D.

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
Dirdir said:
South Mountain SUCKS. What with all those "shuttlers" and inconsiderate fans of certain named-for-desert-plant-life bike shops. It would be nice if it were closer too.

·
Flight Junkie
832 Posts
South Mountain and Hawe's

Both are great areas. I would argue that they are some of the nicer trails in the Southwest and beyond. I did Hawe's on Sunday and that is one nice piece of desert. It is easy to get sidetracked on the numerous trail junctions though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
IBIKEAZ said:
Both are great areas. I would argue that they are some of the nicer trails in the Southwest and beyond. I did Hawe's on Sunday and that is one nice piece of desert. It is easy to get sidetracked on the numerous trail junctions though.
don't get me wrong...hawes is fun, but when it's the ONLY thing you've ridden for almost a year...welllllll...i think you get the point

·
Registered
96 Posts
yetisurly said:
South Mountain SUCKS. What with all those "shuttlers" and inconsiderate fans of certain named-for-desert-plant-life bike shops. It would be nice if it were closer too.
oh! where's the love?...i fall into both of those categories, and am trying to bridge the gap between hooligans and nonhooligans, one ride at a time...for every DH run i do, i'm on the ss for about an hour...

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
castaway222 said:
oh! where's the love?...i fall into both of those categories, and am trying to bridge the gap between hooligans and nonhooligans, one ride at a time...for every DH run i do, i'm on the ss for about an hour...
Love only grows from that which improves the soul. I too ride fully rigid SS and a full squishy long travel susser. This still does'nt mean I have to like it though.

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yetisurly said:
This still does'nt mean I have to like it though.
Booyaa. I hate this sport we call mountain biking. Never liked it. Its annoying as hell. Look at all the annoying people here. Bunch of negative clowns. If only there were waves in Phoenix I would be out of this mountain bike game in a flash.

·
sprocket
3,184 Posts
Dirdir said:
Booyaa. I hate this sport we call mountain biking. Never liked it. Its annoying as hell. Look at all the annoying people here. Bunch of negative clowns. If only there were waves in Phoenix I would be out of this mountain bike game in a flash.
Me too. The whole "scene" here in the Valley is so rooted in elitist attitude. People that genuinely live the actual life of a true cyclist are far and few between.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.