Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see why everyone's addicted. Went and did shuttles for the first time last week, there are so many trails. It was a good time for sure. Looked like there were lots of good riders there as well. Might take a few more trips to get that place dialed in.
Here's a video from Geronimo.

·
Alive and Lurkin'
597 Posts
Hey I made it into a video! Woohoo! JK, but seriously I'm the one in the blue Titec shirt standing next to the silver truck in the beginning of the vid...we just got back form riding the western half of National. I usually DH on Saturday but I'm going to have to make it out for a Sunday Shred Session Soon...

Shaky vid btw, I think I just got involuntary R.E.M. on the last half!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jibro said:
Hey I made it into a video! Woohoo! JK, but seriously I'm the one in the blue Titec shirt standing next to the silver truck in the beginning of the vid...we just got back form riding the western half of National. I usually DH on Saturday but I'm going to have to make it out for a Sunday Shred Session Soon...

Shaky vid btw, I think I just got involuntary R.E.M. on the last half!
I don't know if there is much you can do to stabilize the video. I didn't edit the video in high quality, so its a little blurry. But at that speed I cant imagine it getting much better. Maybe there are tricks I don't know about though. Also the first part of that video I distorted on purpose.

·
Bloodied but Unbowed
1,498 Posts
Grunion said:
Here is Holbert from the same day. I edited it in a higher res. I don't know if it saves better to you tube though. Oh there a good OTB at the end.
Nice!

Even put on a little show for the hikers. :thumbsup:

·
No Clue Crew
4,108 Posts
Whew! I saw 6:30 in time and my first thought was "HOLY SHIIIIIT" was he scooting! Then I saw a couple edit spots :) I think my time down was near 13 minutes.

I don't think there's anything you can do about the shaky video. Your bouncing over rocks and down steps. There's no way to make that not shaky. Unless you buy one of those rigs the movie makes use to follow actors as they run. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bigOmike my GPS time was just over 8minutes. I have no idea what times are fast or not. I would assume once I ride there enough to know whats coming I could knock that time down a bit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yup

Grunion said:
I see why everyone's addicted. Went and did shuttles for the first time last week, there are so many trails. It was a good time for sure. Looked like there were lots of good riders there as well. Might take a few more trips to get that place dialed in.
Here's a video from Geronimo.
I know Saturdays are a freak show at SO MO. I like to B.S with hikers, Mountain bikers. Look at all the Hard Core riders, and poesers with their expensive cool ass bikes, and most of all I love to check out all the hotties. I can do all this for free and best of all my wife never want's to come for the ride.

·
Downhill Messiah
493 Posts
Grunion said:
bigOmike my GPS time was just over 8minutes. I have no idea what times are fast or not. I would assume once I ride there enough to know whats coming I could knock that time down a bit.
8 minutes from the very top? I kinda find that hard to believe since there is a hike a bike section in the middle of it.:skep:

·
Registered
347 Posts
tgiles said:
8 minutes from the very top? I kinda find that hard to believe since there is a hike a bike section in the middle of it.:skep:
If your talking bout Geromoie there is no hike a bike. U can ride the up hill section
8 min is no problem . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Dont know bout times down Holbert

·
Bloodied but Unbowed
1,498 Posts
I don't recall any HAB on Geronimo either. 8 minutes seems totally achievable for a decent rider and I am sure there are people who can do it faster.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Grunion said:
I don't know if there is much you can do to stabilize the video. I didn't edit the video in high quality, so its a little blurry. But at that speed I cant imagine it getting much better. Maybe there are tricks I don't know about though. Also the first part of that video I distorted on purpose.
Trick for smooth camera? Go faster :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.