·
Bearlike
164 Posts
Taos Cyclery....

Has the 411 on the SBT.

Here is the latest report:

Doug's Trail Report
Updated 6-10-07

"Trails are clear except for downfall. This is being cleared daily by riders and locals alike. South Boundary is in good enough shape that after riding it once, some mountain bikers from Boulder wanted to do it again the next day. The only trails hampered by snow at this time are up high and north facing, such as Gold Hill to Long Canyon out of the Taos Ski Valley and The Enchanted Forest at Red River."

Give them a call or visit their website.

(505) 758-5551
http://www.taoscyclery.com

-Brian

·
uofabill
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!!

Thanks for the info.
Doug is shuttling some of us to the TH Saturday.
I was curious about how much dead fall there might be this year after the heavy snow last winter.
There is always some and seems like folks keep clearing more of it as the summer goes on.
It ought to be great!!!
WildBill

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
uofabill said:
Thanks for the info.
Doug is shuttling some of us to the TH Saturday.
I was curious about how much dead fall there might be this year after the heavy snow last winter.
There is always some and seems like folks keep clearing more of it as the summer goes on.
It ought to be great!!!
WildBill
Check your PMs

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
A+ (SB Conditions)

uofabill said:
Can anyone give me a quick report on what condition SB is now, as in how much dead fall is across it and other obstacles left from the winter.
Thanks in advance.
Wild Bill
Thanks for lettin' me tag along Bill. It was a pleasure to meet everyone. I hope to see ya in October.

South Boundary is in excellent condition:thumbsup: . We started at Osha Pass and most of the new deadfall has been removed. There are still a few of the bigger logs down along the way, but I think most of these were leftovers from last year. Here are a few pics from today.

Bill

Tracy

Jason

Jason again

Steve

Transition (how'd that get there:p )

(Insert name)

The Glory Shots:D

Everyone

·
uofabill
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great Photos, thanks

Hey Brian, we really enjoyed having you join the "mongol hordes" for the ride Saturday. We really enjoyed your company!!!!
Wish you could have stayed and camped with us, maybe next time!
Yer right, the day couldn't have been more perfect and the trail conditions were the best I've ever seen.
Props to everyone who has helped clear the deadfall this year, great job!!!!!!!

Brian, we'll be in touch and figure out another adventure!
Thanks for coming,
Wild Bill

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
uofabill said:
Hey Brian, we really enjoyed having you join the "mongol hordes" for the ride Saturday. We really enjoyed your company!!!!
Wish you could have stayed and camped with us, maybe next time!
Yer right, the day couldn't have been more perfect and the trail conditions were the best I've ever seen.
Props to everyone who has helped clear the deadfall this year, great job!!!!!!!

Brian, we'll be in touch and figure out another adventure!
Thanks for coming,
Wild Bill
The pleasure was all mine:). I am already looking forward to the fall, especially the Aspen Groves:D

·
Registered
547 Posts
What's up guys? That was a greaaaat day for the SB.

I'm the guy whose wife flatted in the Aspens after you guys took those pictures. Great ride, good to see a rat pack like yours out on the trail.

·
uofabill
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey!

Hey dude, good to hear from you.
I am embarrassed and appologize for not stopping to help your wife with her tire.
That is not my normal behavior and I should have stopped to at least offer moral support. I had tubes and CO2 and could've knocked that out in a jiffy.
We had a bunch of flats that day, four total, kind of weird!

We were wondering where you went, we figured you would have caught us and passed us somewhere down the trail.
Did you cut off somewhere rather than take SBT down into Taos, or go back east?
Anyway, maybe we'll see you again in the area somewhere and we'll buy you a beverage to make amends for not stopping to offer aid on the trail, we owe you one!
Cheers,
Wild Bill

·
Registered
547 Posts
No worries on the flat. We had all the tools. She blew the sidewall in her tire, so we had to use the dollar bill method to get down. It took some time to get her going. We're from CO. and it was out first time on the trail, so I'm not sure where we ended up. We took a switch back trail down to the take out in the canyon. We rode Ellinor Barker??? the next day. What a sweet trail, and a great area to ride. We're going back as soon as we can.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
SicBith said:
No worries on the flat. We had all the tools. She blew the sidewall in her tire, so we had to use the dollar bill method to get down. It took some time to get her going. We're from CO. and it was out first time on the trail, so I'm not sure where we ended up. We took a switch back trail down to the take out in the canyon. We rode Ellinor Barker??? the next day. What a sweet trail, and a great area to ride. We're going back as soon as we can.
Elliot Barker...ugh! Beautiful trail but tough on the legs and lungs. Sorry about the mishap with your wife. Karma says we should have stopped to offer some support as we had some issues not too soon after seeing you guys. Anyway, what part of CO? I have been thinking that I need to head North to escape the the HEAT. Maybe you could show a few of us around?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.