Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
bon vivant
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll be in Santa Fe Mon-Fri next week. I hope to ride the Windsor trail on Monday, but I'll hate myself if I don't find a way to get up to Taos for the SB at some point.

Anybody around that might have a free day to show a Texican flatlander a good time up there? Maybe watch me cough up a lung or two?

I'll have wheels, wouldn't mind splitting gas, but it's not a deal-breaker.

·
bon vivant
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey Makachut, sounds good. Pm me a contact number - and a pronunciation guide for your name ;) - and I'll give you a holler on Monday afternoon to gel things up. I'll be staying around Cerrillos/Cordoba.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I am around, trail is great right now, snowed some last night but will be gone in a few hours. Just makes it tacky. Let me know you plans. We have been hitting the Mondragon loop with a climb to Paradise park, no shuttle and lots of fun.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Any shuttle people in Taos besides gearing up and Taos Cyclery? Gearing only leaves at 7am, and that is just too early. I remember there was a guy with a white passenger van doing shuttles last year, but I can't find his name/number.

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Taos Cyclery does not do shuttles, but is a good place to check and see if anyone happens to be going up. There are some pretty great loops you can do without shuttling, It does cut out some good parts but if you are willing to climb/ride on some road anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
you better check with Doug, he was doing it but I have not seen his vehicle running for a while.

sorry, you are right, leaves at 7am, up to four as you said. Glad to know Doug is doing that again. He is not the best promoter.

If I have time I am normally down for a ride and shuttle help although we are trying to do loops whenever possible to save on gas etc.

I am sure most know their way around, but I have GPS data for most that area.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Normally I would go and hitch to the pass, but there is 7 of us at different levels. I was hoping to get a shuttle to the usual road/trail drop in Angel Fire. Looks like that is not gonna happen. Prolly call Doug the next time when there are fewer.

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Maka,
about 1.9 miles past Shady Brook there is a rare turnout on the north side, pull in there, cross the road and look for a little "bridge" crossing the creek, climbs up on an old jeep road to the SBT. When I get to the main trail I like to climb up to Garcia Park and points east then back down to the second entrance to Mondragon off of SBT 4.8 miles towards Taos from where you came up. There are a couple of really sketchy navigation spots, if you have TOPO or something I can send you a map, or better yet let me know when you are coming up.

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
greg de taos said:
Maka,
about 1.9 miles past Shady Brook there is a rare turnout on the north side, pull in there, cross the road and look for a little "bridge" crossing the creek, climbs up on an old jeep road to the SBT. When I get to the main trail I like to climb up to Garcia Park and points east then back down to the second entrance to Mondragon off of SBT 4.8 miles towards Taos from where you came up. There are a couple of really sketchy navigation spots, if you have TOPO or something I can send you a map, or better yet let me know when you are coming up.
thanks Greg,Thurs.,or wednesday tentative,and definitely on Sunday morning and i'll be riding with a NM legend known to all by the name of the Weasel.

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
truman said:
Beaucoup thanks to Mark & Dom for the guiding. Who needs a steenkin shuttle, anyhow.

Stellar ride with very good company, thanks again.
great day,I'll show you around Anytime, Dave....Mondragon to sb ,Garcia,Quintana,Castillo,to covered wagon then to truck= great loop.Thanks to Greg we found the trail head to Mondragon and from there all went well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.