Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be in the South Bay area the weekend of the 19th. Can any of your suggest some good mountain bike riding as well as a shop to rent from? Looking to ride for 3-5 hours. I like to ride 29'ers but an open to anything. Thanks

· Registered
4,160 Posts
Well, Passion is a bit mid-penisula. Good shop.

But for something closer, Trailhead in San Jose have a large selection of rentals.

Soquel Demo forest is lots of fun. Check out Braille if you like man made features.

For epic ride, start at Saratoga Gap and ride to Russian Ridge. Good 3-4 hrs of hammering.

For Uphill training, Kennedy

For fun stuffs, head down to Santa Cruz.

There are tons of trails for different type of riding. What sort of ride are you looking for?

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like some flowing single track. Climbing is OK as is technical but I perfect would be something with a lot of flow. Thanks for the suggestion on the San Jose shop as that is where I will be staying.

· Registered
5,966 Posts
I think demo is a good choice. For a 3-5 hr ride, get to the top of ridge trail (trailhead has a map) go down and go right onto Corral > left up Sulfur Springs (watch for the left it comes up fast after the water bar jumps) back up to Ridge trail > Go right on Ridge to Sawpit > Right on Hilm (sp?) rd to climb back up to Sulfur Springs > Go up sulfur springs again > Right on Ridge trail to Braile > back out all the way up Hilm to the parking lot.

If you do this in under 3 hrs, most of us would kneel at your feet with food and treasure offerings :D

If you feel like you have not had enough, you can always climb Sulfur Spring a 3rd time and do Tractor. It's fast, smooth and fun.

Trailhead will get you a nice bike, but call ahead to make sure they have what you need availible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.