Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Major props to the crew who assembled the latest and greatest log bridge on the Sourdough Trail! Wish I had a camera on that ride. Nothing like a good 4 feet high log bridge! Thanks for keeping things interesting.:thumbsup:

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Interesting...just did that section a few days ago...except for one very short muddy section, there was nothing on the trail that I thought needed maintenance...

·
603 Posts
We rebuilt the old one.

I built it with two of my buddies. To clarify, we rebuilt the log feature (just a big ole' pile of logs), not a actual log "bridge" or trial maintenance due to mud of rain damage.
It's the same feature that was there last year. All we did was replace a previously existing and beloved feature. We built this one two saturdays ago, around 11am.
Sorry no pics. It's in the exact same spot as the big(er) one last year, the new one is a bit smaller (ran out of logs) but more perpendicular to the trail now - last year it was a touch skewed. I think that the winter CC skiers may have taken it out. The new one is (reasonably)well built and actually very easy to ride. I would say that the majority of riders can ride it and then say, wow that was easy. If you ride the trail and you think that the log ride needs work, please lend a hand and help keep it in good shape.
There is a new large tree that has fallen across the trail beyond (towards B lake) that may need to be removed / a chain saw. - Or we can build an even bigger log pile!

Be good.

Porch

·
skillz to pay billz
3,554 Posts
the larger one is easy. rolled it NP. one of the smaller ones hung me up and I ended up in a strange position then falling into the downhill slash pile. another day another scar ;)

·
603 Posts
too funny

The smaller, (thrid? before the new big one - it;s only about 14 inches high) one snagged me both times! On the way up I ended up off to the right against the tree and on the way down I DRILLED my chainring and stopped me dead in my tracks.

Porch

·
Registered
71 Posts
I counted a total of three on Monday between Rainbow entry and Brainard. Is this the one furthest from the Rainbow side? I didn't ride it going north but rode it coming back. Nice job on that stack!

·
603 Posts
Nice!!

Good work! Thank you. I'm pumped to go give it a try. I'm taking the family on vacation for a week, I'll be up there in a few weekends.

Porch.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
will.s said:
There is a big tree laying right across the trail.
Alright...misspoke...there's a few trees, one of which wasn't ridable when I was there. Didn't tie a bridge and that together...one person's bridge is another's log pile. Thought you guys were saying the FS built a structure...*shrug*.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I built one 2 weeks ago (21JUN I think) over a log that was perpendicular to the trail. It had a bypass on the left side (riding S to N). It was about a mile S of the Brainard Road. I didn't have much time or materials and it wasn't a work of art but I rode it coming back and it rolled OK. Hopefully someone has beefed it up.

·
Registered
111 Posts
nOOby said:
the larger one is easy. rolled it NP. one of the smaller ones hung me up and I ended up in a strange position then falling into the downhill slash pile. another day another scar ;)
The small one a few hundred yards to the south of the large downed tree got me as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.