Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
some kind of hero...
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started indoor spinning now and I've read on MTBR that the ultimate headband is called a "Halo" ... Sure enough, nobody carries them locally so I looked at the on-line stores and found them at a couple of sites, but the shipping cost more than the headband :confused: ...

So, on with the search! I found them at "Active-Power.net". Shipping was free and the price was excellent. I corresponded with them and the response was super fast, shipping was also quick. I highly recommend them if you need this kind of accessory.

The Halo sweatband worked well, but beyond 30 minutes, mine saturated and needed to be swapped. Without one, 10 miutes in my glasses pool with sweat :eek: , so this is a big improvement... I found the pullover one worked for me, but if you have a large cranium, buy the tie-up version.

I also got a "Headsweats" version as well to try and it is good, but not as nice as the Halo for me.

Keep Spinning
:cool:

·
Wolf nipple chips
504 Posts
Yeah, HALO bands are pretty nice

I've used one for a little while, and one my outdoor rides, i never have a problem with them becoming too saturated, as it really does evaporate sweat pretty well. indoors, it may be different when there is no air moving. I like it more than my cotton Headsweat.

Quality Bicycle Products carry them as well, and for those who don't know, QBP is one of if not THE largest bike-shop supplier in the industry. They carry everything that is good. Chances are that your shop can order them if they don't already carry them instock.

CF

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
LOL! Those were probably threads I started.

I bought mine direct from Halo as they just had one shipping charge, where as the MO places had a shipping charge per head band.

It was cheaper to order a few at full price from them than discount with higher shipping from the MO places.

·
some kind of hero...
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CraigH said:
LOL! Those were probably threads I started.

I bought mine direct from Halo as they just had one shipping charge, where as the MO places had a shipping charge per head band.

It was cheaper to order a few at full price from them than discount with higher shipping from the MO places.
Yep, you definitely found a decent product with Halo. The more I use them, the more I like 'em!

The reason I had such a hard time getting these things is that I don't live in the States... Either suppliers don't want to ship outside the US or they base shipping charges on the value of the goods. Then there's couriers :eek: ...

Locally I could get Nike bands but they don't look as nice as the Halo bands and are over $20 each... I guess I'm just cheap ;) .

Merry Christmas to all!
:cool:

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
I'm in Canada and Halo didn't have any problem shipping direct to me. Buying direct was actually the cheapest option as they allowed multiple headbands for one shipping charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.