Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a supplier for decals, am aware of sssink.com...are there
other sources anyone could recommend? Thanks in advance...
 

·
www.derbyrims.com
Joined
·
6,766 Posts
Try paging highdelll in the General forum, or send him a PM. He's a graphic artist, maybe a student of, not sure. He has offered to do custom bike graphics for very low cost. And probably knows a good low cost decal maker.
 

·
Framebuilder
Joined
·
435 Posts
Smokebikes said:
I use these folks...........not the cheapest but the quality is great.

http://www.edecals.com/custom_decal_designer/instant_sticker_designer.html
Hey Gabe, what type of decals are these? Are they the type that have the color printed on them (usually thinner and good for going under a clearcoat) or are they cut out of colored vinyl (kinda thick)? I have a couple ideas I'd like to see done on the thinner type and that site looks like a good way to get one or two at a time.
 

·
Gabe.....
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
Live Wire said:
Hey Gabe, what type of decals are these? Are they the type that have the color printed on them (usually thinner and good for going under a clearcoat) or are they cut out of colored vinyl (kinda thick)? I have a couple ideas I'd like to see done on the thinner type and that site looks like a good way to get one or two at a time.
They are the thicker kind...........would definitely not be smooth under clearcoat.
 

·
Bike Freak
Joined
·
324 Posts
I had tried almost all of the ones mentioned above and had absolutely no luck at all:
http://www.sssink.com/ would not even return my calls or emails...
http://www.vcgraphix.com/ said they are no longer doing one offs...
http://www.edecals.com/ would only print custom decals on white and I needed them on clear.

Finally I found one that had what I needed and it was local!
http://www.lendaproducts.com/
They did custom one offs AND kept the design in the computer to make it a lot cheaper for the future!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
I've been making my own on vinyl. My wife is into scrap booking and has one of those circuit machines for cutting stuff out on paper and poster board (it's pretty much a small plotter) Anyway, she has this software for the computer that lets you cut any vector graphic. Works well enough for me right now since I'm not selling my bikes. Of course these are to thick to be applied under a clear coat but Hell, it's a bike, just ride it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up going with velocals.com
JR was responsive, will update status when products arrive...
vcgraohix.com was also fairly responsive, but admitted to be "swamped" at the moment...
will personally never again waste time with sssink.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
marks_bike said:
I've been making my own on vinyl. My wife is into scrap booking and has one of those circuit machines for cutting stuff out on paper and poster board (it's pretty much a small plotter) Anyway, she has this software for the computer that lets you cut any vector graphic. Works well enough for me right now since I'm not selling my bikes. Of course these are to thick to be applied under a clear coat but Hell, it's a bike, just ride it!
Nice, I like this solution. I'm experiencing correspondence issues with one of the mentioned companies. Would you mind letting me know what machine your wife has and what software you use. I have the vector files ready, I just need to get the decals made and I just want them to be top mount and cut from white vinyl.
thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fix the Spade said:
How did you contact them?

I've sent a couple of emails and have been soundly ignored...
Contacted both VeloCals and vcgraphix via email and they each responded fairly quickly...of course fairly quickly may be relative as compared to the supplier who will not be named again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
offroadcyclist said:
Nice, I like this solution. I'm experiencing correspondence issues with one of the mentioned companies. Would you mind letting me know what machine your wife has and what software you use. I have the vector files ready, I just need to get the decals made and I just want them to be top mount and cut from white vinyl.
thanks!
The machine is the "cricut expression" and the software is "Sure Cuts A Lot 2"
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top