Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some American Classic hubs and want to build up a light wheelset with a ceramic braking surface. I already have a 32 holle 517 for the rear, but I can't seem to find a 28 hole ceramic rim for the front. Actually, I have a 28 hole Crossmax ceramic rim coming to rebuild the rear of my crossmax set, but I'm afraid that it will be too heavy for this set and it costs a lot. I'll weigh it when I get it tomorrow, but for now I am checking out other options in the <420 gram category.
Anyone know of something?

·
Registered
601 Posts
schnapmaster said:
I just got some American Classic hubs and want to build up a light wheelset with a ceramic braking surface. I already have a 32 holle 517 for the rear, but I can't seem to find a 28 hole ceramic rim for the front. Actually, I have a 28 hole Crossmax ceramic rim coming to rebuild the rear of my crossmax set, but I'm afraid that it will be too heavy for this set and it costs a lot. I'll weigh it when I get it tomorrow, but for now I am checking out other options in the <420 gram category.
DT Swiss XR 4.1 or whatever they're called, though they may be just outside of your <420 g requirement.

·
A hopped on pop.
1,397 Posts
try mike garcia...

at www.oddsandendos.com. i think he used to have some ceramic 28h sun sub IV rims at a very good price. if he doesn't have any more, i'm sure he can find you a set of some other rims. he's pretty great to work with and very cool too.

cheers!

schnapmaster said:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help!

The DT Swiss is around 435, expensive, but I can get it in black.
Mike at Odds and Endos was a lot of help. They have the Mustang and Sun Sub IV in stock. The Sun (440 g) is a great deal at $30, but the blue won't look too great with my rear black rim. The Mustang (440 g) is kind of grey, which would match well enough, but at $49, I might be able to buy the DT XR 4.1 wholesale for a comparable price.
Anyway, now I have a few more options.
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts