Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping somebody can help me out. I'm looking for a 1" threadless stem with at least 10-degree rise in a 130-140 length. Any leads?

The only ones I can find are either too long (150 or more) or too flat (0-6 degrees)

Not looking for anything super-precious - this bike is my primary gearie so I'd want something I'm not afraid to beat up.

Cheers,

-Andrew Thorne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lucifer said:
I've got a kore you could have for next to nothing. But its a 0 degree...
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I already have a 135mm 5-degree Control Tech on the bike, and would like to get a stem with a bit more rise so I don't have to rely on big ugly riser bars to get comfortable.

Cheers,

-Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,991 Posts
andrewthorne said:
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I already have a 135mm 5-degree Control Tech on the bike, and would like to get a stem with a bit more rise so I don't have to rely on big ugly riser bars to get comfortable.

Cheers,

-Andrew
They're getting tought to find. eBay is the best source. Also any 1 1/8 will work with a shim - both available at your local bike shop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
laffeaux said:
They're getting tought to find. eBay is the best source. Also any 1 1/8 will work with a shim - both available at your local bike shop.
A random 1 1/8 with a shim is my fall-back. I was just hoping that the gang here might have something kicking around the parts bin that might work.

Cheers,

-Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
andrewthorne said:
A random 1 1/8 with a shim is my fall-back. I was just hoping that the gang here might have something kicking around the parts bin that might work.

Cheers,

-Andrew
sorry I don't have one for ya but I would be interested in the one you are replacing....I like control tech stems.

Will
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shoot me an email, I think I have a spare

Williwoods said:
sorry I don't have one for ya but I would be interested in the one you are replacing....I like control tech stems.

Will
I'm pretty sure I still have a black, one-bolt front, Control Tech, with the stickers removed (I know it's a Control Tech because I removed the stickers. It's 1" threadless, 135mm, 5 degree.

I'll check the bin tonight to make sure I still have it

Cheers,

-Andrew
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top