Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Get the chain length to work with the convert in the push up mode. Use a half-link if you need to. Then put a ziptie on it. fini

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
Evel Knievel said:
Get the chain length to work with the convert in the push up mode. Use a half-link if you need to. Then put a ziptie on it. fini
What Evel said.

or can the whole thing and get a Rennen Rollenlager.

·
No Gansta Lean here.
1,030 Posts
I have an EWR with Breeze-In drop outs...

Thinking about a new bike. Would NEVER get rid of my Eastern Woods Research though. Thinking that converting it to a single speed would do it honor, keep me riding it now and again...or maybe all of the time since it will be my first singlespeed venture...I think I could get hooked!
Anyway...like the looks of the Rennin design best out of all of the conversion devices but heard about trouble with Breezer or Breezer-esque style drops. Cutting/file to the frame is NOT an option with such a classic frame. So, the Convert was my secondary choice.

Any advice?

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
Eastcoaster said:
Thinking about a new bike. Would NEVER get rid of my Eastern Woods Research though. Thinking that converting it to a single speed would do it honor, keep me riding it now and again...or maybe all of the time since it will be my first singlespeed venture...I think I could get hooked!
Anyway...like the looks of the Rennin design best out of all of the conversion devices but heard about trouble with Breezer or Breezer-esque style drops. Cutting/file to the frame is NOT an option with such a classic frame. So, the Convert was my secondary choice.

Any advice?
you are correct about the Breezer dropouts with the Rennen.. Your best bet will probably be the Soulcraft Convert in a pull-up position.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.