Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's good you found the right setup for you and the bike. Now just enjoy it (and no more of those "high" steps :) )

Enel, have you ever done a review of your Mary bars? I see you transfered them over to your Curtlo. I've been wondering about them, how they set ones hands up (obviously) but also how does it help (or not) the handling of a fs. Looking around I sort of get the impression that it's mainly SS, 29er full rigid that use them ...

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My review of Mary? She's heavy but comfortable and works great for all types of riding. I have them on my commuter, SS, and FS bikes. You just have to try them to see if you like that hand position. I do. I've been riding them about a year, so I can't really remember any impressions of the switch.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Thanks ..............

..............Enel , you made me feel much better about my choices ( Reba 100mm , PUSHed RP3 , Maxxis Ignitors ) of components for my Capitan ! :thumbsup: TIG.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Enel said:
My review of Mary? She's heavy but comfortable and works great for all types of riding. I have them on my commuter, SS, and FS bikes. You just have to try them to see if you like that hand position.
Good advice. I ran Mary bars on my SS for a while, but eventually decided I liked the hand position of a boring old riser bar better.

Recommending funky bars like Mary is kind of like recommending saddles. You can tell what works for you, but it's hard to say if it will work for everyone else.

Enel - Thanks for the continuing impressions of the El Cap. I'm not surprised that you gave up on the WB fork, given some of your past comments.

For reference, what is the a-c of the WB fork? The Reba @ 100mm is ~ 515mm, correct?

·