Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the weekend before Christmas and all through the house mountain bikers are hungry and looking for treats...

With Christmas right around the corner, what kind of mountain biking presents are you hoping to receive? What kind of sweets would you find when you return from your ride?

So here is my idea for this year. We each post a cookie or sweets recipe and a mountain biking picture or story. It can be about your favorite ride/trail or of a recent ride.

Fiona

·
Registered
592 Posts
I will play! I will post up a picture a little later, but my mt biking/xmas story is that I saw a Racer-X on chainlove just before t-giving and bought it for my mom as an early xmas present. She's over the moon! It's snowy at her home is Mass so she hasn't ridden it much yet. Soon enough.

My sister-in-law is in the process of making these :D :D :D :D.

Paraphrased from the Dec 09 Sunset Magazine

"Chocolate Decadence Cookies"

10 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/4 c unsalted butter
3 large eggs, room temp
1 c sugar
3/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
Whisk in eggs and sugar.
Whisk in flour, baking powder, and salt.

Chill dough until firm (2 hrs).
Let dough sit at room temp for 15 mins. Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

Skiing, running, and weight training will hopefully balance out some of the impending consumption.........

Scoop 1 Tbsp portions, roll in balls, and place on sheets 1 in apart. Bake until they no longer look wet on top, about 8 mins. Recipe says "do not overbake".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.