Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thought of selling my flux to finance a new titus motolite has been bugging me for a long time. And now, i have taken the plunge and placed an order for the frame. Dealer said it would come in november. I am not saying the flux is a bad bike, it is acually a great bike. I enjoyed using it very much for the past year. But i felt i needed something more. I believe i would be just as happy with the motolite. I think i would sell the flux in october depending on the status of shipment of the motolite.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
dear bob,

i cant belive your leavin me! so many good times weve had over the last year and then this!. is she prettyer than i am? sexyer? does she have bigger shocks than i do? oh, so thats it! you riders are all alike! your pimp says shes commin in november, well ive already come and now im leaving! dont expect me to haul your lame ass around the trail anymore! looser!

pizz off,
flux

·
long standing member
3,099 Posts
Just a couple of questions (out of curiousity).

bobflyer said:
The thought of selling my flux to finance a new titus motolite has been bugging me for a long time. And now, i have taken the plunge and placed an order for the frame. Dealer said it would come in november.
Five months seems like a long time. Is that how backlogged Titus is? Or is this a custom-spec'd bike? Or one of the Ti- or Exogrid frames?

bobflyer said:
I am not saying the flux is a bad bike, it is acually a great bike. I enjoyed using it very much for the past year. But i felt i needed something more.
On paper, the Flux and the ML (in 4" travel mode) seem to be fairly similar bikes. But maybe I'm wrong about that. With a beefier build I guess the ML could probably handle more abuse.

If you're planning on running the ML in 5" mode, then have you considered the 5 Spot? If so, what made you go with the ML over the Spot? Price? Horst link? Something else?

Patrick

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yeah

PCinSC said:
Five months seems like a long time. Is that how backlogged Titus is? Or is this a custom-spec'd bike? Or one of the Ti- or Exogrid frames?
There was a thread on the Titus forum about how Bikerbob.com had a ton of motolites sitting around; if you're not getting anything special you might want to hit him up.

Dave

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PCinSC said:
Just a couple of questions (out of curiousity).

On paper, the Flux and the ML (in 4" travel mode) seem to be fairly similar bikes. But maybe I'm wrong about that. With a beefier build I guess the ML could probably handle more abuse.

If you're planning on running the ML in 5" mode, then have you considered the 5 Spot? If so, what made you go with the ML over the Spot? Price? Horst link? Something else?

Patrick
Well, i live in singapore, so shipments have to come from USA. The dealer said he will only take new stock in november. On the flux being comparable to the ML in the 4 inch mode, I believe some reviewers said they both perform very well. The main reason was actually the choice to choose your rear travel. When i need something more that 4inches, i can just change it to 5 almost instantly. I did consider the 5spot, but the cost of buying the frame and building it up will far outweigh the price of selling my flux and buying a ML which can do the job of both. Also, i live in an apartment with my whole famliy. So space is very limited. I chose the ML over the 5spot because of the choice of rear travel, and aslo the price of the aluminium ML. But i am not saying the Flux is a bad bike. I should have bought the 5spot to start with. That is my only regret in buying the flux.

·
i want spring!
480 Posts
Change yer name to...

Change yer name to Trader Bob.

Get off this forum, ya should have posted it on the Titus forum, where they would have been more accepting.

Arent the Titus bikes made in outside of the United States, so you should get it quicker, no?

dirty "angry" bert

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what is wrong with this facking turner fourm, i just came here to share my experiecne with you all. Why do you have to be freaking smug about owning a turner, its as if you all think turner is the best and everything else sucks ass. screw u mother fackers.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
bobflyer said:
what is wrong with this facking turner fourm, i just came here to share my experiecne with you all. Why do you have to be freaking smug about owning a turner, its as if you all think turner is the best and everything else sucks ass. screw u mother fackers.
People....
We touched "the nerve"

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
relax, people

i was going to post well wishes and happy riding

they are just bikes, you'll enjoy your new Titus plenty plenty

long live long rides

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
Don't sweat the Homers. They just like to rub it in. Would you expect anything less?

I can relate to your notions of the flux. It is almost too good for what it is; gives a rider more than it should and opens the door to wanting more yet. I too was torn between the flux and five spot when I ended up with the flux. And I too think (more than a little) about a five spot or other similar options as an alternative to the flux. But I still love riding that flux and just can't seem to find it in me to let it go. For 75% of the trails I ride, there is no better bike, period.

Motolite is a fun bike. For the money it is hard to beat, honestly, and the ride is more similar than different from a lighter build five spot (IMHO). Good luck and have fun.

·
My cup runneth over
2,423 Posts
bobflyer said:
Dang, I was just about to say 'congratulations - the ML sounds like an awesome bike and the the travel adjust feature sets it apart further.' Since we are ALL so smug about our Turners I guess I shouldn't say it...

A couple of calm posts and then you go curse-crazy. Is there some kind of passive-aggressive thing going on???

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
just some thoughts

bobflyer said:
Well, i live in singapore, so shipments have to come from USA. The dealer said he will only take new stock in november. On the flux being comparable to the ML in the 4 inch mode, I believe some reviewers said they both perform very well. The main reason was actually the choice to choose your rear travel. When i need something more that 4inches, i can just change it to 5 almost instantly. I did consider the 5spot, but the cost of buying the frame and building it up will far outweigh the price of selling my flux and buying a ML which can do the job of both. Also, i live in an apartment with my whole famliy. So space is very limited. I chose the ML over the 5spot because of the choice of rear travel, and aslo the price of the aluminium ML. But i am not saying the Flux is a bad bike. I should have bought the 5spot to start with. That is my only regret in buying the flux.
I well tuned 5 inch bike will be an excellent ride, tune the DHX-air to your liking and you wont ever need to go back to 4" travel. Therefore, no need for the adjustable wrench Motolite. And you should look at the geometry change the Motolite has when you go to 5" front and rear. Dunno if that slack seat angle and steeper head angle is what you want, but that will put your weight off the back more than on a 5 Spot. That translates to sluggish climbing on the Motolite on steep climbs more so than a 5 Spot.
The Flux is a great bike, if 4" travel is not enough for you, why are you considering a bike with 4" of travel monkey wrenched to 5" and you will likely never use the 4"??? So if you are considering 5" travel bikes only, the 5 Spot will be more stable decending, and a little better climbing than the motolite. Not only on paper, but I actually rode one recently, did exactly what I say it does above.
Motolite is a decent bike for sure, 5 Spot is better. You get what you pay for, except with Turner you get priceless customer service well beyond most other bike companies. Almost everyone here on a 5 Spot or RFX/Pack, started out on lesser travel bikes and graduated up, its the way things go, but dont be bummed at Turner or the Flux because you did not choose the right bike, the 5 Spot in the first place.

·
12,942 Posts
mine was a joke. sorry if it offended you. that was not my intent, not at all. personally, im just happy to see folks ride bikes.

and not even a single laugh. i thought it was rather funny.

·
Mexican e-rider
977 Posts
bobflyer said:
CRAZY FRED!!! is that you????

·
12,942 Posts
im told thats exactly what the exogrid is supposed to do. would be kinda cool to hear his impressions. maybe he can link us to his ride impressions and save another out of place flame o rama on here.

on a side note, many moons ago i had a lively discussion with chris about ti's use on a full suspension frame. i dont see its advantage over alluminum myself and back then even steel was bein used. yikes! now keep in mind hes a schooled metalurgist, im not even a engineer but i still belive that straight ti has no place on these types of frames for just the reason dline brings up. i hope this is titus's answer to that issue and it brings him many sales. ive said it before and ill say it again, hes a damn fine man who builds a damn fine product.

·
My cup runneth over
2,423 Posts
cactuscorn said:
mine was a joke. sorry if it offended you. that was not my intent, not at all. personally, im just happy to see folks ride bikes.

and not even a single laugh. i thought it was rather funny.
I laughed when I read it CC (but not 'coffee pouring out of the nose going all over the keyboard' laughing). It was a great Friday CC type of post. Our thread host may have just misunderstood your intention and humor.

It's all good and all reports are that the ML is a terrific bike (don't think I have heard a single complaint).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No CC, u did not offend me. I just wanted to thank everybody in the end of this thread for helping me with my turner when problems arrised. But what dirty bert and squeaky said that really pissed me off.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.