Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://houston.craigslist.org/bik/725625384.html

Deal? because there is no kelly blue book I had to ask.

This is a bran new haro x7. i rode it three times on the street to and it just isnt my size. The bike is in mint condition and has no marks on it! It has 7in on suspention travel in front and rear. Fox shoc with resovior on rear. Only 1,000 or best offer takes it.

I am pretty sure it has the marz drop off 2 fork on the front. Its the correct size for me to!

·
it's the ride....
522 Posts
You don't have to be sorry. That's what this forum for, asking if you're in doubt.
For me fit is the important if not the most on having a bike. Any superiority in suspension technology or frame design would not work for me when I don't feel right with bike geometry. Said that I have never ridden a Haro X7.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i dont know if it is a good deal or not, but my first thought/gut feeling was "must be stolen".

reason being: dude said he rode it in his in his drive way (or something) and it just didnt fit. what? that is the kind of thing you figure out before you even leave the local bike shop.

true he could have ordered it online, but i would then ask why he doesn't return the frame for the right size. most online shops are good about that sort of thing.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't think it's a good deal.

Check out Wheelworld's deals :http://wheelworld.com/itemlist.cfm?category=117

If you want FR, the '05 Giant Faith 3 is a better bike
If you want AM/light FR, the KHS AM2000 and the Coiler are better deals
If you want light trail then the '07 Dawg aint bad.

Bottomline, Wheelworlds bikes are brand new and are comparably priced.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
How do you know what size it is, that's not in the ad, let alone that it fits you? That fork has a reverse arch so it's more likely a Manitou. If it is only 3 rides old and he's selling it because "it doesn't fit" for this much below going price, my first thought is it's stolen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.