Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.raceface.com/ufc

I voted for Brooks/Gatzka, but it really could have went to Sorge, too... he kills it, but I think I liked the team aspect of Brooks/Gatzka, I think that's what swayed me, the riding was top notch, and they had Clutch for their music... Clutch kicks ass... I mean it was hard! Their riding was VERY close, so I guess I let other 'stuff' decide for me...

weak sauce?

I just kept thinking about how Steve T should have been in the finals, too... bums me out.

Chump would have won...

Chump is still the champ with me.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
pdirt said:

I voted for Brooks/Gatzka, but it really could have went to Sorge, too... he kills it, but I think I liked the team aspect of Brooks/Gatzka, I think that's what swayed me, the riding was top notch, and they had Clutch for their music... Clutch kicks ass... I mean it was hard! Their riding was VERY close, so I guess I let other 'stuff' decide for me...

weak sauce?

I just kept thinking about how Steve T should have been in the finals, too... bums me out.

Chump would have won...

i voted for sorge... he has potential if he's doing what he is at his age... it was close though.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
pdirt said:
http://www.raceface.com/ufcI think that's what swayed me, the riding was top notch, and they had Clutch for their music... Clutch kicks ass..
That's funny.......that's what got me too (big Clutch fan).......I heard Profits of Doom fade in and I got sold.

......Be bop a lou bop a whop sham boo and domo arigato if I got to...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
pdirt said:

it was easy - I voted for Sorge;

I felt his riding was more varied and interesting

I couldn't tell who was who in the combo - no idea - I think the pair would have been better if a) they had two riders that you could tell apart - clothes and helmets would be obvious -that they indentify from the start and in each shot you could recognize them and b) they rode different stuff or styles - like a stunt freerider hitting a bunch of shore stuff and the other guy killing Kamloops road gaps (like those two were) and dirt jumps

and Sorge had a cool little lifestyle clip - I thought the duo's was boring - a bunch of cliched stills (guy picking nose, friends flipping off camera, drinking beer etc.) and not very interesting talking - perfect pinkbike material -

but Sorge through his three videos just nailed it for me...

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
I voted for Sorge

I thought his riding style was a little more diverse, his bag of tricks were all solid (as were the the Brooks/Gatzka tandem) and his lifestyle video was way more interesting. Plus, the fact that the kid is 16 and totally slaying it sets him apart in my eyes. The other guys were good and rocked the big 'loops road-gaps, but in the end, Sorge rode different styles and was solid in all areas.

EB

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
another vote for Sorge but it was a tough call

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can anybody tell me why there is a team as one of the finalists as opposed to a solo rider? All along I thought it was some dude with two last names or something. I guess I wasn't paying attention that closely.

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
.steve said:
Can anybody tell me why there is a team as one of the finalists as opposed to a solo rider? All along I thought it was some dude with two last names or something. I guess I wasn't paying attention that closely.
Yes, reading and having your speakers on makes things a little less confusing....

:rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.