Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a answer pro taper riser on my Jekyll and can not seem to get it dialed in. The result I think is sore elbows. Any suggestions??
Thanks,
Trix

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
Too much singing in the shower...

:p

There is usually some marks on the center of the bar that will show you when they are rotated correctly in the stem. Usually it is a longer mark that should be aimed straight up with smaller marks that allow you to position to suit you from there. I have found that when that mark is straight up, my hands are usually in a more natural position.

Are you unusally narrow or wide in the shoulders?

Are your brake levers and shifters properly adjusted (rotated so your wrists are not bent while riding)?

Do you have a lot of torso weight on your hands while riding? Can you sit up easily without assistance from your hands/arms?

Do you have any pre-existing conditions like tendonitis, carpal tunnel, old shoulder injuries?

That's all I've got off the top of my head... Maybe some others have some clues.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!

jeffj said:
:p

There is usually some marks on the center of the bar that will show you when they are rotated correctly in the stem. Usually it is a longer mark that should be aimed straight up with smaller marks that allow you to position to suit you from there. I have found that when that mark is straight up, my hands are usually in a more natural position.

Are you unusally narrow or wide in the shoulders?

Are your brake levers and shifters properly adjusted (rotated so your wrists are not bent while riding)?

Do you have a lot of torso weight on your hands while riding? Can you sit up easily without assistance from your hands/arms?

Do you have any pre-existing conditions like tendonitis, carpal tunnel, old shoulder injuries?

That's all I've got off the top of my head... Maybe some others have some clues.
That is a good start and I will look at the lines on the bar tonight and make an adjustment!!!

·
I railed it like Kong
637 Posts
you may be locking your elbows. I did that when i started out and always had elbow pain till i figured it out. You should not have elbow pain if your arms are loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.