Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SORBA workday in DuPont- Sunday Jan 24th.

This is a re-schedule of the workday planned earlier. We will be working on wood structures called puncheon on Reasonover Creek Trail.

Meet at the Fawn Lake parking area at 11AM. You can ride your bike in, or jump in my truck.
Dress ward as this is a less physical workday as compared with doing tread work. All tools and materials will be supplied. If you have a favorite carpentry tool that you can't live without, bring it. Mostly cutting, nailing ans screwing on this project.

Let me know if you can join us, always helps having a head count going into a project.

Woody

·
Freeride Pabstist Church
279 Posts
I'm off to CLT in the morning for work. I'll be down there until Sat. at least. If I get home in time, I'll come out and help.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
salmansp said:
I would like to make a reservation for 2. Finally a work day I can go to!
Sam,

It will be great to have you. I am guessing it is a little early to get the "little one" involved in trail work so am guessing the second is someone else.

I plan to host some Sunday workdays in DuPont this year. All non camp out workdays will be on Sundays, while camp out weekends will host the workday on Sat. I recognize the need to switch these workdays up a bit to try and fit everyone's schedule. Most importantly however is that these fit my busy schedule which includes lots out of town travel for paid trail work.

See you on the 24th.

Woody

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be down there until Sat. at least. If I get home in time, I'll come out and help.[/QUOTE]

PB,

It would be great to have you. I know you can swing a hammer and tell a few jokes all at the same time (just don't try to chew bubble gum while doing these other multi tasks). :D

W.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Can't make this one...

Woodman,
My WFR class runs every day from the 18th through the 26th, so I can't make this work session...
TZ

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I'll try to make it, but I might be late as well. I have a meeting that morning, but it shouldn't last too long. I have no tools and no skills with woodworking whatsoever, although I did cut a hole in a cardboard box with a box cutter last night...

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
" I have no tools and no skills with woodworking whatsoever, although I did cut a hole in a cardboard box with a box cutter last night..."

No prior experience is needed, instruction will be provided (along with the tools).

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
timdvm said:
I'll be there. First trailwork experience. But I can swing a hammer.
Tim
Right on Tim, it will be great to have you.

See you fine folks on Sunday. Check here on Sat. evening or Sunday AM for a last minute cancel due to weather.

Woody

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
timdvm said:
I'll be there. First trailwork experience. But I can swing a hammer.
Tim
YOu'll be a fine especiallly after woody's gives his circle of death speach.. how work toosl it te hands of some really special needs folks :p J iam not talking about you not ...you're close meeker for sure "danger Dan'

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Postponed- New date is Sunday Jan. 31

Sorry to say it, but we have to postpone this workday (again). The new date is Sunday Jan 31. Same meeting time as before (11AM) and same meeting spot (Fawn Lake).

There are several reasons for the re-schedule:

-DSF management still does not have the needed white oak deck boards from the mill. The saw mill is supposed to get to that this coming week.

-Roads in DuPont are really bad, and they want to cut down on any unneeded traffic if possible. We should also stay off the trails in DSF for the time being.

-90% chance of rain and thunder on Sunday this week. This is a wood working project involving generators and power tools. Rain and drop cords and power saws don't mix well, and thunder thrown on top is a party breaker.

I am sorry for this delay in getting this important project done, but hopfully we can
get r done on the 31st.

Please let me know if you can join us on this new date.

Woody

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.