Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally happening. Trail construction in Uwharrie at the Woodrun section off of Hwy 24/27. Supertree and Keyauwee trails. If anyone is interested in volunteering we could use all the help we can get. Stephan from Pro Trails is here with a crew for 6 weeks.

Workdays are the next 5 Saturdays. Jan. 23 , Jan 30, Feb 6, Feb 13, Feb 20. 9:00 til 3:00 or whatever time you can provide. Cookout on the last workday to celebrate. For more info. refer to website.

http://www.sorbauwharrie.org

·
XC Champion
289 Posts
This is great news! I read about this in some bike magazine while waiting in the doc's office a few weeks back. Is there still plans for some sort of DH area? The article made it sound like it was going to be an expansive mountain bike park.

·
Registered
103 Posts
sorry...multiple posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great to hear that trail work has begun. Can anyone shed light on what the final trail outcome will look like (e.g. additional miles of trail, re-routes, etc...) in the Woodrun system? I heard some time ago there was an effort to put single track out of the parking lot instead of having to run down the fire road to the loops. Are Sky Rock and White Tail trails going to become reality in this phase?

I love the trail system out there, so I'm happy to see it get some love from IMBA. Looking forward to a few more trips out there from Charlotte.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I rode Keyauwee and Supertree for the first time last week. Keyauwee kicked my butt, but I had a great time. Some terrific dowhills!

·
Registered
179 Posts
hey Kenan, we're still working on the DH/shuttle run and trying to come up with a spot. a few of us walked a section about a month ago with Richard Kimmer. There is also a "mountain" there that has a fire tower on it that we're trying to go up to have a look at......fire tower = road to the top.....see where i'm coming from.... :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Uwharries

Had a great group of men and women out working on new trail with our fearless IMBA leaders. It was a good day and I think we made some good progress. If anyone has any spare time on their hands in the next 4 weeks please consider lending a hand. The potential of this trail system and the work going on right now is exciting.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
New poster using "flamingo" as as moniker? Be careful where you point that thing.

:winker:

Sounds like some good trail work happening in the low country! Hope we'll be sharing that soon. Pretty darn mushy here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorba/IMBA/Uwharrie Connector Trail Complete

It's 1.3 miles of first class single track. There's a nice rock garden section with a bypass trail. At least for now, there's not a spot where water can stay on the trail. The creek crossing is armored with both sides "improved". They took about 100 feet on each side, dug it out 1 foot deep and 4 feet wide and filled it in with a truck load or so of native stone...softball size. Then they covered it with good soil. The builder said that he's never seen a location needing that kind of armoring. It's really a fun ride both ways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts