Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, why not come out and help change the condition of the trails in Demo? Where else does the land manager let mtn bike riders come out and help shape the way that the trails look and ride? Not many. Midpen has tons of money flowing out of their pockets but the CDF is on a seriously tight budget and needs and wants your help and input.

In Demo the trail surface is in pretty good shape because of the trailwork that gets done by volunteers. The trailwork crews try to make sure that the water drains off of the trail quickly by sculpting drains and outsloping the trail where feasible. If this sounds like a good thing to you then please come out and help keep it that way. Mud puddles in the middle of the trail suck!

The biggest problem in Demo right now is that large number of trees that have fallen and are blocking the trails. If you're like most people you like the demo trails because of the great flow of the single tracks and these trees screw all that up. Anyone is welcome to come out and join us on our upcoming trailwork days.

Our next one is this Sunday, March 13th and we will be working on either Braille or ridge trail to clear trees and branches out of the trail along with fixing up some drains.
You can sign up here is you want to attend
http://www.trailworkers.com/volunteer.cfm

Here are some pics from previous trailwork days. Enjoy
-Shane

Attachments

·
ReeFride
66 Posts
There's a large tree down on Ridge Trail .25-.50 miles after the tractor intersection as you progress towards Saw Pit.

Are you guys going to have a chain saw handy?

I'll try and make it, but I can't promise......the family may require my presence

·
padded
705 Posts
See you there!
I wish there were a way to award Strava footies for trail work, maybe 1000 vertical feet for every hour of trail work. That would get people out.

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moto'n'PushBiker said:
Is this a go or no go? I haven't received any email confirmation yet...
Sorry about that. The home internet was down. I called everyone that put a phone number on trailworkers and just got an email out the other people about 5 min ago so please check your mailbox. You should have something.

Meeting at 9:30. Don't forget it's daylight savings time ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
shanedawg said:
Sorry about that. The home internet was down. I called everyone that put a phone number on trailworkers and just got an email out the other people about 5 min ago so please check your mailbox. You should have something.

Meeting at 9:30. Don't forget it's daylight savings time ;)
No worries. See you tomorrow and thanks for the extra 30 mins of sleep :)

·
dis member
298 Posts
I guess I will be there

A little late because I need (need) to get a ride in first, but I can help you guys with that tree down on Ridge, below Tractor, unless you find a better use of my time. Let me know via text. See you in the morning.

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
I figured this was a good thread to ask.
With the recent slide on Highland, will the trail work scheduled for 4/2 (this Saturday) be cancelled? Or will it be a ROAD work day as someone suggested? ha ha

We don't need no stinkin' bulldozer! 20 people with shovels could move quite a bit of mud off the road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.