Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
bike buster
1,197 Posts
Aside from being cold, Demo is in good shape. Just got back from a Sawpit loop. It looked like the few trees that crossed the trail have been cut/removed. The trails were covered in debris and not visible at times, but if you've been there before, it's easy to stay on track. The loose leaves on the top of the trail can make some of the corners a little sketchy. Tires still hookup though. It was just COLD... there was a 2" deep puddle in the parking lot that was solid ice. Crazy.

Is it just me or is the first of the three jumps on Ridge (at Tractor) bigger now? I went off it a couple times today and KNOW it wasn't that big before. Or am I imagining things?

Justin

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tractor and Braille were in good shape too this morning. There was a tree down on one section on Tractor though.
Some cool guys (from trailworkers.com ?) were working on trails. I think they would clean that tree on Tractor as well.
I more concern about condition on Highland. One spot (where the closure sign is) seemed very dangerous to me. Wonder how other guys think about that.

·
Registered
663 Posts
jimyoo said:
I more concern about condition on Highland. One spot (where the closure sign is) seemed very dangerous to me. Wonder how other guys think about that.
I don't think, I just keep driving and pray.....:p

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
jdubsl2 said:
Aside from being cold, Demo is in good shape. Just got back from a Sawpit loop. It looked like the few trees that crossed the trail have been cut/removed.
Justin
so you can actually ride Sawpit from top to bottom without dismounting your bike? Sweet!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
jimyoo said:
Personally, I think Highland is sketchy even when it has been "fixed".

Under the current circumstances, I would worry a lot about it if we get significant rain, either a big dump, or a more prolonged rainy period with a good amount of rain overall. What's most likely to set it off again is saturated soils

That said, no I don't even play a civil engineer on TV...

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
There are two trees down in the middle of the bermed section of Canadian Bacon. The first one is really big, and not that easy to hike around. I rode yesterday and I was bummed, b/e you come into that section with all this speed expecting to rail these really tight turns and get shot out the other side, and then you're confronted with this enormous tree.

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
The trailworkers.com crew cleared the big tree down on Tractor with the help of the CDF and their chainsaw. We made a killer log ride out of one of the downed trees. We also added a detour around the newly fallen tree near the top of braille and made a nice solid ramp up and over for those who want to go for it. Or you can get up on the fallen tree and ride it to the left, down to the end. It's suspended up a few feet off the ground so it's a nice challenge and a cool drop off the end.

The full trailwork report will be up in a few days on www.trailworkers.com

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
shanedawg said:
The trailworkers.com crew cleared the big tree down on Tractor with the help of the CDF and their chainsaw. We made a killer log ride out of one of the downed trees. We also added a detour around the newly fallen tree near the top of braille and made a nice solid ramp up and over for those who want to go for it. Or you can get up on the fallen tree and ride it to the left, down to the end. It's suspended up a few feet off the ground so it's a nice challenge and a cool drop off the end.

The full trailwork report will be up in a few days on www.trailworkers.com
great work :thumbsup: and thanks for the hard work! I gotsta make it out with you guys again.

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
Things were looking good yesterday...

We did a quick loop up along Ridge and then down Braille, due to time constraints. I had to go easy after flatting and noticing that I'd managed to rip a nice hunk of tread off of my Nokians! Good thing I've got new tires waiting. :p

Everything seemed rideable, though we did stop to clear a couple of nasty medium sized branch cluttered areas.

1000x thanks to ShaneDog and the Trailworkers crew! :thumbsup:

·
Broken and dizzy
694 Posts
Yeah, wait until you see the pictures of the ramp we put in for the up and over/log ride combo! Very, very nice addition to the Demo. (The go-around line is pretty sweet too.)

The new log ride added to Tractor is really nice as well. Not super difficult, but a really good one to learn on. 30' or so long?

Now get out there and sign up for the next trailwork day - the more help we can get the better!

·
YESBRO!!!
1,162 Posts
rode ridge and braille on sunday. conditions are perfect. tacky but not wet. trails are clear except for some leaves, but they're not too treacherous. temp in the parking lot was 36 degrees! saw some puddles that were iced over. dress warm!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.