Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
That biker guy
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I have been riding since 1996, and NEVER had this happen to me before. I ALWAYS go to the bathroom before I head out on a ride... and this morning was no different.... UNTIL I started riding.. At the 1.5 mile mark.. I got the worst case of bubble guts EVER! I thought I would hold it till I made it down to the car.. and to the nearest gas station...
But no.....

As I began to turn around.. It started to get REAL BAD, I literally had to drop my bike and run off the trail! Well, I couldnt run, but a fast walk while clinching was the best I could do.. I have laughed at many of people over the years for this, and now today was the MAJOR payback. I was riding with 4 other people to make it worst.

So as I made my trek away from the trail, over a couple boulders, thru a patch of bushes.. I found hallowed ground. I knew I was safe because of the remains I saw from what appeared to be at least a dozen other unlucky people who found the same spot over time.

Well.. All I can say is travel/pocket size tissue is a MUST in your Camellbak. Besides the huge embarrassment of the entire situation.. the ride turned out to be pretty cool. :thumbsup:

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
46,471 Posts
Sure we've all been there but do we "all" have to let the world know by discussing it on said forum. T.M.I.:eekster:eekster

·
Five is right out
3,176 Posts
Sure we've all been there but do we "all" have to let the world know by discussing it on said forum. T.M.I.:eekster:eekster
Welcome to the Facebook Generation where people assume the whole world is interested in where they are, what they are thinking, what they are doing, and apparetly what colour and consistency their poo is. ALL THE TIME.

@OP: you wouldn't have to be sooo embarrassed if you didn't share your fecal experiences with world + dog.

(Sittin' at my keyboard, wearin' boxers, pickin' my nose and examining the findings. If only I had a webcam to share the joy.)

·
That biker guy
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol! I have always been 'that guy' who swore it would NEVER happen to me.. My options were to attempt to hold it and I am sure it would have been jarred out of me trying to get back down the trail.. or find me a cozy spot ASAP! I cracked sooo many jokes on my buddies when it happened to them and I assumed it was because they were newbs. It was even funnier when the ride was over my buddies all gave me 'dap' instead of shaking my hand and saying bye! CLASSIC! hahahaha!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
TP (trail pooping) aint no thing. You gotta do what you gotta do. Try launching a sea kayak into 5 foot waves and then getting the juicy poops. People can see you for miles.

Lesson learned - breakfast at Denny's is bad juju :)

·
At Work
1,851 Posts
I was afraid that was going to happen to me yest. Stopped on the public bathroom before the ride. Took care of business and then grabbed some TP just in case!!!!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 🚲
13,320 Posts
Well.. All I can say is travel/pocket size tissue is a MUST in your Camellbak. Besides the huge embarrassment of the entire situation.. the ride turned out to be pretty cool. :thumbsup:
Funny Story aside, that is actually really good advice!

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.