Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

can anybody identify what year this frame is?seems to me its an 03 but i got to know for sure. i got a good deal on it and will be building it up as a secondary bike.

and BTW,what will be the seat post diameter for this one?

TIA

Tofi

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot Strafer, just as i thought. though i might be blind but i cant seem to find what seat post diameter it uses, would like to know the head tude length as well.

you guys think its a good frame to work around with?

TIA

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again, thats 27.2 right? the newer ones i think uses 30.9 now, oh got another Q. the rear shock legth,got to know that in case.

TIA

·
it's....
2,088 Posts
You got me if it's 27.2 or 27.0.
I have 04 Wolf Ridge and it takes 30.0 seatpost like the web site sez.
When I built it up i got the spec from the same web site and got 30 mm seat post and it fits fine, so I'd recommend going with 27MM like the site recommends.
Can't help you with the shock since mine uses longer stroke than yours.
You should search on Fox site to see what size shock they spec for your bike.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its gonna be a PITA to find one that fits here if its 27.0 or any .0 sized seatpost.

thanks much for the help.

the wolfe ridge and east peak are a bit similar type of frames right?how would you rate yours?would an pure XC rider like me find joy in using such?i ride about 40% road to get to the good trails and love climbing.thanks

BTW,have been a hardtail user for the longest time.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If I can chime in............

I built up a 2005 rift zone (thanks for FD info wrinklefree) and love the thing. I too came from a hard tail. It has made my rides faster and more enjoyable.

I live north of Toronto and ride on the niagara escarpment (ie. LOTS of rocks, roots and climbing) as my regular ride and the thing shines in those conditions. It climbs amazingly. I find myself standing to climb like I did on my hardtail just because I can. It bobs a little, but is something I see more than feel in my legs. That is set with 12mm sag. It is also quite supple in the chattery type bumps. It is smooth.

You won't regret the purchase if you are using it for is XC.

Good luck with the build.

PS. Marin is great to deal with. If you need info, like I did, call their toll free number. Chances are the guy who answers the phone will have the answer to your question.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whodaphuck said:
My '03 MVPro had a 27.2.....Have you got a tape measure? It'll either be 27.2 or 30.0 and they're pretty easy to distinguish from each other with a simple measurement.....
frame has yet to be sent out here. should take less than a month to get it here. i guess i'll know for sure once its here. thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.