Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
Off to Kennedy in about 45 mins. I was waiting for it to break 50 degrees, but I don't think that's happening today.

JULY, can you hear me, over...come on back!

·
user
1,060 Posts
Hit Demo this morning... Rolled out around 9am. Cusacks, Bacon, Corral, and Braille. We lucked out and had no rain for the entire ride. Started to dump right as we got back to the road / cars. Cold, but not too bad. Good temps for climbing and the dirt was good. Guessing, it will probably be too wet for tomorrow.

I got schooled by a guy on an S-Works SS. Very fast and he hit every jump out there.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hit Auburn today for 24 miles 3300 feet. No rain+-very few puddles+tacky dirt= awesome. Except it was friggin cold. I had to stop at drivers flat to get two sandwich bags for my feet, they felt like blocks of ice. I was under dressed with bib shorts and two long sleeve shirts and a jacket. Still glad I was able to get in a quality ride, I will be less grumpy the rest of the weekend :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
3 core layers, one (including knee warmers) on the legs. 9:30 start time in Wilder++... Hit some trails near Empire Grade, a bit mushy but not too bad. Climbs in Wilder resulted in one layer coming off around 10:15am.

Sure it's chilly, but once you get going, it isn't too bad. Unless you ride like CHUM and crash too much.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Sure it's chilly, but once you get going, it isn't too bad. Unless you ride like CHUM and crash too much.
Or if you start at 7:30 and finish up with a creek crossing that soaks your socks followed by a long downhill pavement run. Took a while for the extreme appendages to recover yesterday.

I'm just dreading the real cold days later this month and into January. Those are the days that are really hard to get motivated to get out the door for a pre-work ride.

·
NedwannaB
12,779 Posts
Brave the elements?

Yeah, just keep pedaling! Got some more time on the bike in Marin today. About same outcome as rensho, about 5 hrs and drenched to the bone when done.:nono:

Downtown Fairfax-thru Deer Park-loop around Lake Lagunitas, Shaver/Eldridge-East Peak, tha'ts where I started to get pelted. West Peak across some of the Sisters-and down into Laurel Del.

Attachments

·
NedwannaB
12,779 Posts
Braving the elements Part 2

After climbing out of Laurel Del you meet up with Rock Springs, heading East on here will eventually drop you back down to the dam at the start of the Lake Lagunitas trail. I was still feeling pretty good, and really wanted to use my Tamarancho Day Pass that I bought, so part way down I decided to pick up Rocky Ridge which heads you somewhat West and dropped down to the dam at Bon Tempe Reservoir, which is the spillway to Alpine Reservoir below. I selectively picked my way around above Alpine and lets just say I climbed an old overgrown cut road out of the ravine that popped me out on Bolinas/Fairfax Rd just shy of the summit near the Pine Mtn Loop trailhead. So up I went!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Bay area weenies

42 miles in 7 hours at Auburn today starting, at 7:30 am. Temperature range 32 to 39, average of 35 for the day. Ran into 60 high schoolers and "coaches" on Connector and FDL and they were all very courteous and polite. Many even called me sir. I was very impressed. Rain started just as I finished, so early start was a great idea.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts