Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anyone would be interested in getting a group together for casual SoMo rides... DC/National/Telegraph, etc, trails mostly from the Ahwatukee side. Im sure there are already quite a few people who do this but couldnt find any large groups. This is really just a having fun and getting out there and riding ordeal. Not too competitive or anything. So, any takers?

Were not going to plan anything out too far in advance, probably just a "meet here weekly and we will decide where to go from there." The first few rides I would like to plan a little bit though, to get things up and running.

Saturday if your interested for a quick DC ride (need to test my SRAM on an easy trail first) and see everyones skill, meet at the Richmond Heights II entrance. If you go to the formal entrance to DC, at which you follow a red/pink path down to the Tele/DC meeting point, go down the hill to the right of the trailhead, or follow the DC trail down and there should be a spot where you come out of a sandy area and up a hill, on your right would be a long rocky trail big enough for cars... Its easier to just be looking at the trailhead and take a right down the hill. In reference, its between Altadena and the trailhead. If its easier we could meet at the Altadena upper parking lot or the actual trailhead. Lets see what people say...

Maybe tell me if your going, perhaps what bike you have and your skill level. I would pretend im intermediate but I would probably be lieing, the only other people I ride with honestly arent too good. For reference, I have an Giant NRS-3, full SRAM and probably when Christmas rolls around, Avid Juicy 5 disc brakes. Im hoping to work out a deal for a Minute 2 for 230$ :D

Hope to see you there

·
Addicted to Dirt
674 Posts
en are es,

I will be in Phoenix here during Christmas (from 12/23 to 12/31) If all goes as planned I will ship our bikes out and have them with us. I ride a stumpjumper FSR and consider myself an intermediate rider with good tech skills (by FL standards...). I would like to join some group rides during that time. Please post if they come together. I would hate to ride at South Mountain without knowing exactly which trails to take etc...

Luis

·
MBAA!
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where your staying is quite far down the road from me, but if you want a group ride im sure we could either meet up or some guys nearer to you could help you.

This is (not my exact address, but same street and neighborhood..) where I live:
Here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.