6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're doing the following ride from the ramadas at 2:30 on Friday:
- Up road and up Mormon loop
- Down Lower National
- Over to and down Javelina
- Beverly to East Loop
- East Loop CW back to ramadas

Should be 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Little bit of everything except flats. Purpose is to ride and to give a couple out-of-towners a classic entre to SoMo and Phoenix riding.

Roster so far:
- waltaz (me)
- lukeduke (from NorCal)
- cycljunkie (local)
- jgg765 (from SoCal, I think)

Join us if you can.

·
Flight Junkie
832 Posts
Wish I could make it (have to work). I have done very little of SM and need to explore there more. Sounds like a fun route. Walt, maybe we could do this route in the near future? Scott

·
Registered
96 Posts
wish i could make it...i'll be in that area at that time on friday...maybe i can hook up with you guys for a while...but if i'm not at the ramadas at 2:30, then i couldn't make it.

went for another fully rigid ss ride last night...had a blast!

steph

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
castaway222 said:
wish i could make it...i'll be in that area at that time on friday...maybe i can hook up with you guys for a while...but if i'm not at the ramadas at 2:30, then i couldn't make it.

went for another fully rigid ss ride last night...had a blast!

steph
Hope you can make it...should be a fun ride - perfect weather.

Where'd you go last night?

·
Registered
96 Posts
we rode up at hawes in mesa...fun, fast, not as many rocks as t100...we did a bunch of climbing though...but it worked out well.

no carnage on my 2nd fully rigid ride!

hope to see you this afternoon!

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
2,066 Posts
Fun Ride...

Hey everyone thanks for a fun ride! I wanted to post some of my helmet cam footage but (like an idiot) I mounted the camera a little crooked so all of the footage leans a little. I'll see what I can salvage and post little snippets. Let's do this again!

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cycljunkie said:
Hey everyone thanks for a fun ride!
Yep, I concur.

Six showed up:
- me (waltaz - Walt)
- Dirdir (Geoff)
- cycljunkie (Jim)
- Andy (lurker)
- lukeduke (Brett - from NorCal)
- castaway222 (Steph) - on her SS

Great, fun ride. Jim and Steph kicked our assess - Jim because he can ride everything and Steph because she handled everything on the SS and didn't even breathe hard. Plus she was unfazed by a minor OTB.

Looking forward to the next one.

Walt

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
waltaz said:
Yep, I concur.

Six showed up:
- me (waltaz - Walt)
- Dirdir (Geoff)
- cycljunkie (Jim)
- Andy (lurker)
- lukeduke (Brett - from NorCal)
- castaway222 (Steph) - on her SS

Great, fun ride. Jim and Steph kicked our assess - Jim because he can ride everything and Steph because she handled everything on the SS and didn't even breathe hard. Plus she was unfazed by a minor OTB.

Looking forward to the next one.

Walt
There were too many hooligans for me. Walt - had pads = hooligan. Cyclejunkie - pads and a 5-Spot = hooligan. Andy - pads and a big hit Cannondale = hooligan. Lukeduke - NorCal = hooligan, or at least a freak.:D Castaway222 - tried to disguise herself as an XC geek by showing up in lycra on a hardtail single speed with the fork locked out. Well, rumor has it that she rides DH, plus the fact that she "sessioned" a section on lower national that put the fear of god in me. All that = super hooligan. That left me, an ex-roadie semi-XC geek that walked every drop larger than 1/2 foot. Now if you call that fun, well you must be a hooligan too. :D :)

PS - If that video makes it online, I will be exposed as a complete pansy and will be forced to move out of town. Don't think of me (as you would probably celebrate my departure), think of my two lovely children. Please.

·
2,066 Posts
Dirdir said:
PS - If that video makes it online, I will be exposed as a complete pansy and will be forced to move out of town. Don't think of me (as you would probably celebrate my departure), think of my two lovely children. Please.
Maybe I could splice your head with Steph's body for the 'session' segment? Wait... that might be more traumatic to your two kids. Settled then, you're on the cutting room floor. ;)

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
cycljunkie said:
Maybe I could splice your head with Steph's body for the 'session' segment? Wait... that might be more traumatic to your two kids. Settled then, you're on the cutting room floor. ;)
I have thought about this and since I have never seen video of myself on the bike, it may be interesting. Besides, its all about me, whether its positive or negative attention. Me, me, me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dirdir said:
There were too many hooligans for me. Walt - had pads = hooligan. Cyclejunkie - pads and a 5-Spot = hooligan. Andy - pads and a big hit Cannondale = hooligan. Lukeduke - NorCal = hooligan, or at least a freak.:D Castaway222 - tried to disguise herself as an XC geek by showing up in lycra on a hardtail single speed with the fork locked out. Well, rumor has it that she rides DH, plus the fact that she "sessioned" a section on lower national that put the fear of god in me. All that = super hooligan. That left me, an ex-roadie semi-XC geek that walked every drop larger than 1/2 foot. Now if you call that fun, well you must be a hooligan too. :D :)

it's okay, dirdir...i'll be up for giving "hooligan" lessons any time you want them..."how to be a hooligan in ten easy steps" is the name of my new program :)

·
2,066 Posts
Otb...

Steph,

Got your endo on film... I also got some good footage of our run down Javelina. You were picking some good lines that day! I'll post castaway222's reel very soon.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cycljunkie said:
Steph,

Got your endo on film... I also got some good footage of our run down Javelina. You were picking some good lines that day! I'll post castaway222's reel very soon.
Looking forward to seeing it. Just edit out anything of Dirdir - we'll never hear the end of it.

·
2,066 Posts
waltaz said:
Looking forward to seeing it. Just edit out anything of Dirdir - we'll never hear the end of it.
Walt, I made a special reel for Dirdir so he wouldn't feel left out...

Link >>> Dirdir's Reel

Dirdir said:
I have thought about this and since I have never seen video of myself on the bike, it may be interesting. Besides, its all about me, whether its positive or negative attention. Me, me, me.
Cuz ya know it's all about him, him, him...

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
cycljunkie said:
Walt, I made a special reel for Dirdir so he wouldn't feel left out...

Link >>> Dirdir's Reel

Cuz ya know it's all about him, him, him...
Thanks cycljunkie. Very cool. The first link did not play all the way through, but the second one did.

Walt .... oh nevermind.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.