Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Pivot Firebird
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was coming down National this morning around 9:10am and saw Phoenix Fire running code 3 through the parking lot. Multiple units were gearing up including a Battalion Chief.

At the time, I only passed one group of riders below Waterfall. Mabe 8 of them. The only other people I saw were two old hikers - 70's.

Anyone know what happened and if this person is ok?

·
Banned
226 Posts
I know

They suffered from a lack of common sense and Darwin took care of the rest.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
We were out there until approx. 10am, didn't see anything on the way down Nat'l. Did see the 2 hikers at the saddle (assuming they were the same 2, couple of guys). Must have been someone on one of the lower trails...

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
You just need to get used to lugging that beast uphill :yesnod: I was going to make a comment about the rescue making a preemptive move to save you but it was too easy.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
my oldlady, tmarkos, and myself were comming back down from the saddle right about that time and we did not see anything wrong all the way down into the parking lot .

we did see the older hiker guys ( which scared me ---because they did not seem to have alot of water) , and two other hiker women ,--------man i sure hope nobody got hurt or overheted ,

i used my whole 100cc's of water long before we were back , --------so it was a hot one :eekster:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
eatdrinkride said:
Isn't that like less than 1/2 cup of water? Impressive! :D
boy --brain fade ----- i ment 100oz :madman:

i have been writing shim stacks, valving specifications and oil capacitys for suspension tuning all morning and my brain just wrote cc's instead :madman:

i wished i could do that ride with less than 4 oz of water , ---that would save me alot of weight :thumbsup:

·
Too many Sedonuts...
1,512 Posts
Update:

It was an overheated middle-aged woman from out of town. Unprepared for the dry heat, and yes she survived.

(I have an employee whose boyfriend is a Phoenix firefighter, and he checked it out for me...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.