Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
keystone addict
542 Posts
I rode that last weekend. Such a fun trail.

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
Nice. Well at least when you lost your camera, it fell facing the trail and showed you heading down. That thing really took a good hit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I rode this and met the builders.
Thanked 'em profusely. Some sweet trail.
Some of the best built flow in NORTHERN CALI.
I would gladly dig here and pay a trail usage fee even.
Anywhere you could hide a "fee box" for pay for play? I'm down for that.
Given the state of this world now, this video should be taken down.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree!
More trails = more riders = more power to the bike groups.
When its all done above board.

But secret trail police is better than "Here are the GPS coordinates blah blah blah" and then... wait for it to build..."OH NO! The people who live here hate all the new increased traffic, noise, trash and emergency equipment traveling through here because Barney blew up his face on a bad landing. And there shouldn't be trails like this without permission and regulation and how could they deface the natural terrain so with their non-indigenous use of materials and digging and jump building!
Lets all shut it down! Lets protect everyone from themselves quickly!"

And the guys who put in 10-50 weeks straight of building, designing and work are just SOL.
I'll bet they just start again somewhere else right? How many slapdowns can a trail maker endure anyway?

laughing is easy and the solutions are hard.

·
Registered
464 Posts
homeless junkie said:
Have to laugh when I see replies like this. Oh No it's the secret trail police!
No ****. I can barely ride off a 6 inch ledge without crashing. I'm a newbie. I'm not planning to tackle the damn thing anytime soon. I was just curious since I live in So Cal.

·
Registered
386 Posts
So what you're saying is the builders didn't get permission from the landowner? I would tell you that's rule #1 but that's sounds sooo lame and self rightous.

Those trails look well built and alot fun. I sincerely hope the trails stay open for you guys.

I think it's easy to laugh when you have alot of legit trails and dirt jumps to ride. It's hard for me to understand why you would give that kind of smarta$$ reply to another rider. At any rate, just messing around. Hope I didn't get you too fired up.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Orangesicle said:
I agree!
More trails = more riders = more power to the bike groups.
When its all done above board.

But secret trail police is better than "Here are the GPS coordinates blah blah blah" and then... wait for it to build..."OH NO! The people who live here hate all the new increased traffic, noise, trash and emergency equipment traveling through here because Barney blew up his face on a bad landing. And there shouldn't be trails like this without permission and regulation and how could they deface the natural terrain so with their non-indigenous use of materials and digging and jump building!
Lets all shut it down! Lets protect everyone from themselves quickly!"

And the guys who put in 10-50 weeks straight of building, designing and work are just SOL.
I'll bet they just start again somewhere else right? How many slapdowns can a trail maker endure anyway?

laughing is easy and the solutions are hard.
but maybe there is a middle ground (btw, i live in nor cal, and similar issues here--and i'm a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff). next time some noob asks that question, maybe send them a PM w/ info on how to help out, someone can show them the goods at the next work day if they are willing to pitch in. extra hands/shovels/etc might be helpful w/ maintenance, etc.

·
somewhere in socal
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this trail is on private property. only to be ridden with permission from the land owner and trail builders.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts