Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it just don't get any better. Yesterday was a stellar ride. Hope ya all had one as good as mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
rain, rain, go away...

I'm glad someone, somewhere is able to ride in the dirt. We've had so much rain lately that most of the trails are muck. I actually had to resort to a (GASP!) road ride on Sunday afternoon. Although it was pretty cool to be out on my old steel Voo Doo, my Salty was extremely jealous. When I came home all of my Park tools were thrown out in the driveway and the door to my shop was locked. The b**ch!;)

k

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s the north side of the lake. Park Creek Rd. borders the entire north side of the lake. It runs up on a ridge and then drops to Park Creek. After that it climbs (and I mean climbs!) out to Mormon Emigrant Trail. There’s a lot of stuff in between the lake and Park Creek Rd. We hadn’t been up there in years. We went to Wood Yard, Cambodia, Cougar Run, and Proto Pipe Point.

Here's some more pics.

Attachments

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Nice, we need to set up the Ventana Mini-Norcal Gathering II. Pick a weekend in June, I'm in!

-Aaron

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
I know I said this last year, but....make it a Sunday and I'm in!

Paulimon...shoot me a pm the next time you're heading up there, I'd love to join!

:)

Ciclistagonzo said:
Nice, we need to set up the Ventana Mini-Norcal Gathering II. Pick a weekend in June, I'm in!

-Aaron

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ciclistagonzo said:

-Aaron
Let's do it! Maybe more Ventanas this time. We should try to get Sherwood, Robert, and Jarred up there also. A Sunday in case Internal14 can make it? June 3, 10, 17, or 24?

Anyone else is welcome, Ventana or not.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Internal14 said:
I know I said this last year, but....make it a Sunday and I'm in!

Paulimon...shoot me a pm the next time you're heading up there, I'd love to join!

:)
You got it Buddy.:thumbsup:

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Sounds Great to me. Plenty of time to plan if Start now. My best Sunday would be the 10th. How's that work for you Mike?

Chime in all Nor Cal Ventana folks...
Paul, we might want to make this a new thread.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
Ciclistagonzo said:
Sounds Great to me. Plenty of time to plan if Start now. My best Sunday would be the 10th. How's that work for you Mike?

Chime in all Nor Cal Ventana folks...
Paul, we might want to make this a new thread.
The 3rd would be no good.

But the tenth looks fabulous!
Should we go with June 10th then?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jrm said:
on this ride. gotta map?
We're right down the road from you. Off Hwy 50, Sly Park / Jenkinson Lake. You can get a map of Trail #8 from the Forest Service. That's probably the most popular trail. There's a trail that goes around the lake that's pretty cool. There can be a lot of tourist on the lake trail on the weekends though.

Are you going to join us on the 10th?

·
Ventana Mountain Bikes
172 Posts
Sorry gang,
I'm out on the 10th as I will be wearing my throttle hand out on the KTM in the desert that weekend. I'll think of you all through sand filled teeth stretching from ear-to-ear as the speedo approaches a bleary eyed 100mph as often as the trail's and my stones will allow. :D

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
sherwood said:
Sorry gang,
I'm out on the 10th as I will be wearing my throttle hand out on the KTM in the desert that weekend. I'll think of you all through sand filled teeth stretching from ear-to-ear as the speedo approaches a bleary eyed 100mph as often as the trail's and my stones will allow. :D

KTM? What happened to the FrankenHondaWood bike you've been assembling?:confused:
Which KTM will you be wringing out? 2-stroke for ol times sake?:thumbsup:

·
Ventana Mountain Bikes
172 Posts
Internal14 said:
KTM? What happened to the FrankenHondaWood bike you've been assembling?:confused:
Which KTM will you be wringing out? 2-stroke for ol times sake?:thumbsup:
Got the motor in, the intake done, carb mounted up, and the tank halfway hammered out, but ran out of time on the CR/XL FrankenBike...so I'm going with plan B and borrowed one of Osborn's KTMs...a 2004 450 EXC.:thumbsup:

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,678 Posts
sherwood said:
Got the motor in, the intake done, carb mounted up, and the tank halfway hammered out, but ran out of time on the CR/XL FrankenBike...so I'm going with plan B and borrowed one of Osborn's KTMs...a 2004 450 EXC.:thumbsup:
ahhhh...not a bad choice.
Ant interest in joiing Andre and I at Hangtown May 20th to wet your moto appetite?

·
Ventana Mountain Bikes
172 Posts
Internal14 said:
ahhhh...not a bad choice.
Ant interest in joiing Andre and I at Hangtown May 20th to wet your moto appetite?
Oh, hail yes! Shoot me an email with times etc. Maybe I can put some more pressure on Andre to pick up that CR250 from me...Or better yet, maybe he should come and get it and take it out to Hangtown for a good beat down.

Geeze, Ventana content, Ventana content, Ventana content...Oh, Here's something...We just built up a prototype old skool 29er rigid frame and fork last week with non-suspension adjusted geometry. In..:drumroll: ..Army Green. Robert raced it at the 24 Hours of Cool and he hasn't stopped clearing the bench tops at the shop with his petrified wood ever since. The bike is code named El Changuito (Little Monkey). Not planned on reaching production any time soon, but it is freaking cool, and we have been known to build customs when occasion suits...sorry for the lapse into throttle twisting there for a moment folks, I promise I shan't do it again.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Here's my other two-wheeled toy...

no desert riding here in FL, but plenty of moto. I scare the [email protected] out of myself every time I go to the track, but it's a rush I just can't get out of my system. It's funny what 50 HP will do. 16 years of MTB with no broken bones. 1 year on the mx bike, 1 broken wrist and cracked ribs twice.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts