Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm gonna. whoever the four guys were who blasted my wife & our 120lb gal friend off the downhill in Sedona yelling "get out of OUR way!!!" and when they replied they were climbing & you should yield yell "where are YOU from!!" well, they are Flag locals & you guys are LAME. it got down through the grapevine that you are in the bike industry in northern AZ. i hope this not to be true. if it is, shame on you. our Arizona bicycling community deserves better. be cool out there - is that too much to ask? rant over, Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles Flagstaff, AZ.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Unfortunately bad things happen on the trails and people are often rude, but why make a post about it? These threads pop-up ALL the time and it gets really old really fast. Ya, they were out of line but what can you do? They were dis-respectful and all you can really do is to continue to be courteous and practice proper etiquette, like a majority of cyclists do. Keep doin' your thing and don't dwell on the negative, there's no need!

·
I, Mudd
213 Posts
cm374 said:
Ya, they were out of line but what can you do?
Typically I would agree with your post but in this case it sounds like the OP knows who the culprits are. If he does know who they are, and if they frequent this forum, maybe this is an effective way to try to change their behaviour?

I do agree that the ever-present "someone was a jerk" / "a hiker was mean" / "who put rocks on the trail?" thread is redundant but this one might serve a purpose. I guess that begs the question of whether that purpose is appropriate here at all.

Jason

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hfy108 said:
Typically I would agree with your post but in this case it sounds like the OP knows who the culprits are. If he does know who they are, and if they frequent this forum, maybe this is an effective way to try to change their behaviour?

Jason
exactly - i could give a damn but as a bicycle retailer i would expect a level of conduct above the level of the "average" cyclist from fellow retailers. don't bite the hands that feed..........that's all i have to say - carry on.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CharacterZero said:
Step up and call them out if you know who they are. ****it. Relying on anonymity only forgoes accountability.
i'm not just guessing. the last person in line knew my wife & told her who they were. i was just hoping to give a "heads up" after the witchhunt this summer over race markings.........this kinda thing can really hurt a buisness, and i *actually* want these guys to succeed, something that is not likely if you get blacklisted like some of this summers' players..............

·
Registered
8 Posts
I say, rat them out. Who are they? Maybe a call to the shop that they work is in order. If i see the little bastards, I'll take them over my knee. That's no way to treat a women. Suffice to say that if those were men that were in their way, the Dhers probably would have acted differently. I like the elbows idea...

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
coconinocycles said:
i'm not just guessing. the last person in line knew my wife & told her who they were. i was just hoping to give a "heads up" after the witchhunt this summer over race markings.........this kinda thing can really hurt a buisness, and i *actually* want these guys to succeed, something that is not likely if you get blacklisted like some of this summers' players..............
I can respect that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.