Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted an auction for a wtb american classic knockoff hub and in the title I said, "not american classic, hugi, king" and they cancelled it right before it was going to end. Got a email from them saying it was deceptive and "not, like and style" aren't allowed because it sends searchers where they don't want to go. So I remove the "not" from the title and all is fine. At least they didn't bust me for the fees. Did anyone read all that fine print stuff when they signed up with ebay to know about this? Sometimes.........

· Derailleurless
9,119 Posts
I'll tell you what happens. EBay specifically says "NO KEYWORD SPAMMING" in their bylaws (or whatever their rules are).

I have my account set up to email me when certain search terms come up. Frequently I'll get an email from eBay saying "search results for Doughy Fly Wing" only to find an auction for "Sharp Toenails". Sometimes "Doughy Fly Wings" is listed in the text, sometimes it's hidden in an invisible html SPAM list. I click on a special "Report Keyword Spam" link and rat the guy out. More often than not, the auction is pulled before it ends.

I'm actually looking for a front disc hub but haven't set up my auto search yet, but probably would have been spammed by your knockoff if someone else didn't already submit it to eBay.

· Registered
210 Posts
AK Chris said:
I posted an auction for a wtb american classic knockoff hub and in the title I said, "not american classic, hugi, king" and they cancelled it right before it was going to end. Got a email from them saying it was deceptive and "not, like and style" aren't allowed because it sends searchers where they don't want to go. So I remove the "not" from the title and all is fine. At least they didn't bust me for the fees. Did anyone read all that fine print stuff when they signed up with ebay to know about this? Sometimes.........
I hate when people do what you did. I wish ebay would charge you the fees anyway. Even if you didn't now it's illegal it's still something I consider to be unprofessional.

· self destructive
169 Posts
dissonance said:
I hate when people do what you did. I wish ebay would charge you the fees anyway. Even if you didn't now it's illegal it's still something I consider to be unprofessional.
i agree it pisses me off to no end. If i wanted to see an american classic knock off or a not king hub that is what i would have typed in the search bar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.