Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
I'm not that technical, but I think I know it. He's linking to pics somewhere online, rather than uploading them in the post.

·
Registered
335 Posts
thats correct, if you right click on a picture and click properties it will tell you where it's linked from.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Are you going for blue bartape?
I was just thinking how all H-Bars are wrapped and gripped so conservatively. Surprised no-one's been showing one off with full star-'n-stripes wrap!
Chairtips on the outer ends *the Shiggy trick), double wrap on main section. One could wrap the forward extensions for cool weather riding as well.

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
JoeP said:
yup. I got them here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Kits.aspx?ModelID=3350

Can't order them through the website though. I had to call and pay long distance (on top of the painful GBP to $ conversion). :mad:
Man, those are some schweet cranks, JoeP!
Can you share with us what the cost was when converting to US $$ and shipping. Did it take long for them to get to you?
Looking forward to see your complete build! :cool:

Thanks in advance for the info and for sharing
OGG

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OneGearGuy said:
Man, those are some schweet cranks, JoeP!
Can you share with us what the cost was when converting to US $$ and shipping. Did it take long for them to get to you?
Looking forward to see your complete build! :cool:

Thanks in advance for the info and for sharing
OGG
For those that are interested:

cranks and spider = 108 GBP,

shipping to my neck o' the woods (East Coast USA) = 15 GBP,

long distance cell phone call to the UK that should have taken half the time it did if I could only understand that bloody British accent = ????

current conversion rate $1.7 = 1 GBP.

I don't want to see my next credit card statement....

·
Registered
702 Posts
JoeP said:
long distance cell phone call to the UK that should have taken half the time it did if I could only understand that bloody British accent = ????
That's probably because it was an Irish accent, Chainreaction are based in Northern Ireland (so it is technically a British accent).
Damn nice cranks though. I have a pair of RS7s and a set of H bars waiting for a frame too.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmm, this looks familiar:

Singlespeed, disc specific, suspension un-corrected, Ti. Now that the frame design is done, it's time to think about who's going to build the fork. Segmented or unicrown, Ti or steel (bending heavily towards Ti, pun fully intended). I've read through most of the excellent discussions on this board regarding rigid forks, but that doesn't seem to stop me from geeking out over it.

Ti fork owners: was the extra cost (relative to steel) worth it for you in terms of ride quality, weight, etc? Be honest ;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
804 Posts
JoeP said:
Segmented or unicrown, Ti or steel (bending heavily towards Ti, pun fully intended).
Quit pretending like you're actually considering a steel fork. Drevil has a Black Sheep, now you have to get something cooler to steal his thunder. Let the battle of the super-bling Filipino ti bikes commence! :D

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
JoeP said:
Hmmm, this looks familiar:

I don't want to tell you all when I actually sent the money in. Spectrum has had my frmae for how long? I'm going to go nuts here. No parts left to polish, tires are inflated, grips are on my bars.......

Please God, send this thing to me !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts