Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I don't huck.
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a good sized bear. We were was just close enough to be uncomfortable with each other, but both of us behaved!

I spoke to a couple who were about 20 minutes ahead of me on the same ride. When they came upon the bear, he or she was in the water with a fish hanging out of the mouth.

Lunch is served.

I had fig newtons, but I did that down the trail a bit!:p

I was really jazzed. I have never seen a bear on the trail before, not too likely in my local mountains.

·
Feet back and spread 'em!
624 Posts
hey i recognize that spot . i rode the flume on monday, June 23rd during vacation. is that on the south end of the flume and that's some kind of fish farm structure or something in the pic I think, right? the flume was cool with great views (STOP before you look!).

the switchback climb around the east side of Marlette Lake 'bout killed me as I'm not used to that altitude. we started & rented bikes at the bike shop at spooner. had to cross snow drifts in several places! memorable ride.

·
Half-Man, Half-Ounce
34 Posts
Cool The fish hatchery seems to attract them there.

Marlette is the only lake around there where i have seen a Bald Eagle take a fish from the water...

Great ride that flume...I miss it.

·
I don't huck.
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BeanMan said:
That ridge of fur standing up on the back is saying something to you. Nice pics.

bean
Could be. I looked at the hi rez pic. Not sure if that is a fur ridge or a shadow, but in either case, I did not tarry to find out if he was a patient bear or not.

Apparently he had been hanging here all week as the shuttle driver had heard about it. Either way, the Flume Trail was most excellent. The bear was just icing on the already tasty day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.